There Is No Hope Left: Listen to Bernanke's Answers To Ron Paul's Questions Yesterday

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Feb 12, 2009.

1. dtan1e

dtan1e

one thing i do notice this politicians that avoid paying taxes, for gd reasons, its one thing if the gov't comes up to u on the streets and say they r going to take your dosh to pay for a new highway or something, its another when they say they r going to take your dosh to pay for toxic, there's even a name for it, stuffs that no one in their right might would even go near, so that some puffed up bankers can get their bonuses or get it off their hands and has the cheek to tell it to your face thats what they going to do to u and the president goes that its good for it ! LOL

#41     Feb 13, 2009
  2. Is Ron Paul - a gold coin collecting former medical doctor turned politician - the best talent the "Free Market" crowd can bring to the table?

This guy clearly is no match for any seasoned economist let alone a Great Depression nut like Bernanke himself.

#42     Feb 13, 2009
  3. Peter Schiff will be running for the senate 2010..:D

#43     Feb 13, 2009
  4. That's a guy who I could imagine giving a rats ass about his constituents... (what an abrasive character)

#44     Feb 13, 2009
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

You ain't kidding....

#45     Feb 13, 2009
  6. You joking? Or just that stupid?

Bernanke seems to avoid the fact that money supply & credit was blown up to unseen proportions during the Roaring 20s. Then it was contracted. Two extremes meant to have people over-leverage themselves and then dump assets at rock bottom prices.

It's a classic operation which is thousands of years old, originally practiced by "money changers", goldsmiths & warehouse owners.

#46     Feb 13, 2009
  7. Again must I again ask why everyone who buys the Ron Paul argument looks like a cliche cult-member zealot?

Keep going. Tell me how unsound our money is...

#47     Feb 13, 2009
  8. ymiyake

ymiyake

yes ron paul conspiracy of america... whats that movie independant film that addresses all the conspiracy theories of america? from jesus and religion, to the federal reserve, to the 911?

#48     Feb 13, 2009
  9. This is basic knowledge we are talking about, something I knew years before even hearing the name Ron Paul. I sugges educating yourself before attacking others. At best, you regurgitate Bernanke's pathetic responses.

It's losing its buying power by the day. But what would you know, living on welfare and all.

#49     Feb 13, 2009
  10. Thank you dtan1e. That is precisely correct - the compleat toad if you will.

The expression '... of the first waters' came into my lexicon courtesy of Sister Madeline Gertrude of the Sisters of Charity of Halifax - the battle axe of Halifax, as she was fondly known. I have seen her deck a mouthy young buck with the ease of a professional wrestler, and so when she visited words of derision upon you, it was taken as a mixed blessing instead of a total putdown.

Mr. Bernanke is entirely deserving of derision. He is an expert practitioner of the faux science of economics, the dismal science if I remember correctly. Dismal not because of the effort to understand the subject but rather because of the havoc the 'experts' wreak upon us all because they don't know that they don't know.

Paul's point is very simple and has been said by others long before he appeared on the scene. From Mises to Jefferson, the words of warning are as forceful today as they ever were. To whit:
    "Scenes are now to take place as will open the eyes of credulity and of insanity itself, to the dangers of a paper medium abandoned to the discretion of avarice and of swindlers." --Thomas Jefferson to Thomas Cooper, 1814. ME 14:189

Paul would not be my choice for president but that is another matter. For the moment he is the most obvious spokeman for the case of a rational currency. Others will be heard from in the weeks and months ahead. The looters must and will be stopped.

lj

#50     Feb 13, 2009