There is no Dark Side to Steve Jobs!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by chaosclarity, Oct 14, 2011.

1. There was no dark side of Steve Jobs. Sure he might have been a brutal "task master" who had some profane things to say every now and then behind closed doors, but the fact is he employed many thousands of people. He put a lot of food into a lot of mouths. He helped people build lives and careers.

Sure, he may have never donated 1 dime to charity, but he created a lot of jobs and fed a lot of mouths...paid for a lot of mortgages. He did more then Buffet ever did by empowering people and making them work for the dime. If you went to work at Apple, then Im certain there wouldnt be any sitting or fooling around like there is over at Facebook or Google. Steve probably makes everyone sweat, but is hard work and being under the gun to meet a deadline such a bad thing. Its called honest work in my book and a experience that everyone should have. I bet you that an employee at Apple is far more capable and disciplined then their counterpart at Google or Facebook.

Is there a darkside there? Well, I guess if you count how many times Steve said fuck or shit behind closed doors then yeah that might be a darkside, however, beyond that he was a great man. If it were not for Steve, Silicon Valley would be that much smaller today and there would be that much more people in life at the Occupy Wall Street protests versus sitting behind a desk and working on the next great phone or pad.

[​IMG]

2. oddsman

oddsman

Oh yeah I'm sure Steve didn't have a ruthless side just like samsung and google delayed releasing their new products out of respect for his passing and not because the media would be saturated with news of apple and his death for at least a week.

3. oh phew! I thought he DID have a dark side for a minute, thanks for clearing that up...

whats the difference between Steve Jobs and God? Steve Jobs doesnt think he is God...:eek:

4. If in her spare time Mother Teresa founded Apple, came up with all the swish merchandise, and employed slum dwellers to assemble them, people would be saying;

1) Her time would have been better spent helping the sick and needy rather than producing gadgets for the moneyed classes, and
    2) She was exploiting the poor to produce goods for the moneyed classes.

5. lwlee

lwlee

Sad to see Steve Jobs pass. I grew up with him as did many Americans from the 70s. He represented the American spirit. Innovative, independent. He symbolized why America is great. The freedom to strive for the best. The ability for an individual to change the lives of many.

Unfortunately it's been documented many times of his dark side.
    - when he was worth 100s of millions, he fought tooth and nail not to pay any support for his offspring, Lisa, flat out denying she was his, even after medical evidence. Yet he used her name for one of his computers. In fairness, later on in life he did reconcile with her.

- when Apple went public, many of the engineers responsible for the success were left out in the cold without stock options. As chairman of the company, he had the power to reward them, but chose not to. Steve Wozniak was so indignifed , he doled out his own shares to right some of the wrong.

- many times, he took credit for the success but disavow his participation in the failures. I seriously believe Apple would have failed his first time if he had not been kicked out. He was too young and brash. When he came back he was older and wiser. Score one for life experience.

But even with all his narcissism and hubris, he was (eventually) beloved because Americans grew with him, got to see his highs and lows. His second coming was just great American folklore.

6. Steve's death was tragic and preventable. God gave him the ultimatum with his first cancer diagnosis: Stop oppressing the "sweat shop" iPod/iPad workers in China. If someone had told him this was what he needed to do to live, he would have done it and still be alive today.

It don't matter how many mouths Steve has fed. All it took was for one (but in reality more) workers to commit suicide at the factories in China to tick off God...

7. In case anyone is interested, Steve Jobs could have saved his life, had he read The Bible and made working hours/conditions in China more favorable and wages more agreeable:

"You shall not oppress a hired servant who is poor and needy, whether he is one of your countrymen or one of your aliens who is in your land in your towns. 15“You shall give him his wages on his day before the sun sets, for he is poor and sets his heart on it; so that he will not cry against you to the LORD and it become sin in you." Deuteronomy 24:14

Relating of course to this:

You are NOT allowed to commit suicide: Workers in Chinese iPad factories forced to sign pledges

URL: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ories-forced-sign-pledges-commit-suicide.html

Factories making sought-after Apple iPads and iPhones in China are forcing staff to sign pledges not to commit suicide, an investigation has revealed.

At least 14 workers at Foxconn factories in China have killed themselves in the last 16 months as a result of horrendous working conditions....

8. Picaso

Picaso

Of course, that's why all US coal executives get cancer every time an American miner dies in a mine.

Another one for the ignore list.

9. jinxu

jinxu

You sound like you're in love with Steve Jobs....