There is no cure for Gambling Addiction Traders

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by emg, Jul 21, 2011.

1. [ ] whatever
    [x] morons in a corporate circle jerk

:D

#31     Jul 22, 2011
  2. I'm a gambler, addicted to forums, winner and trader.

emg is no gambler, addicted to forums, loser, and jerkoff that can't tell the difference.:p

#32     Jul 22, 2011
  3. Want to keep up?
    Adderall + Modafinil

#33     Jul 22, 2011
  4. emg is a loser. He just loses!.:p

#34     Jul 23, 2011
  5. Oral, intravenous or anal delivery ?.

#35     Jul 23, 2011
  6. FJMcC

FJMcC

One of te greatest poker players of all time, Doyle Brunson, put it best, I think.

When asked if the successful players in the big game at the Bellagio had gambling problems, he just laughed. Paraphrased: "We are all sick degenarate gamblers, we just found a game we can beat."

The desire to be in action at all times drove them to crush poker games. If you have been around the gambling world long enough, you will recognize this as 100% accurate. I have known professional horse players, sports bettors, poker players, et cetera, whose sole reason for becoming profitable at a niche area, was to have the ability to gamble every and all day.

In fact, many of them play "their best game" in part to get money to blow recklessly at something else.

If you told any of these guys that there are futures contracts wth 1K plus average daily ranges, they would assume you were an idiot if you weren't taking 100/200 a day out of them. The transaction costs are peanuts in comparison to the rake they face.

We need more degenerates in the market, not less.

#36     Jul 24, 2011

7. Mav is 100% right on this....

Its like a hyper focus.... where everything else is eliminated ....

But once you are off, like something you have no real interest in, its some what painful to get through, you mind has other places it wants to focus.....

#37     Jul 25, 2011
  8. "There is no cure for Gambling Addiction Traders"

BULL CACA

#38     Jul 25, 2011