There is no cure for Gambling Addiction Traders

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by emg, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, now I am convinced you don't know what you are talking about. Look, those symptoms you mentioned with people with ADD manifest themselves when they are engaging in activities in which they are NOT interested in. This is why kids with ADD tend to do poorly in school because they are usually doing things they are bored with and hence perform poorly. However, when those same kids actually do an activity they enjoy, all the symptoms you mentioned above go away.

Same is true with traders. Traders with ADD exhibit none of those symptoms when trading. But outside of trading, they tend to have some or all of those issues. There is ample evidence to support this.

#21     Jul 22, 2011
  2. Larson

Larson Guest

Lol. An honest reply.

#22     Jul 22, 2011
  3. You can see an infinite amount of them if you look at yourself in-between 2 mirrors that face each other.:p

#23     Jul 22, 2011
  4. Is it possible to be a Gambling Addiction Winning Trader?.

#24     Jul 22, 2011

5. Yes, lots of them.

#25     Jul 22, 2011
  6. jb514

jb514

The key to being a successful trader is to Gambling Addiction.

#26     Jul 22, 2011
  7. Look out, cause this is what you end up looking/sounding like if you are addicted: be careful!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B2jwYmXuJio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#27     Jul 22, 2011
  8. ....and so often the key to becoming a losing trader as well. :cool:

There's a fine line between addiction and obsession. To succeed at trading one has to be at least nearly if not completely obsessed, just like an obsession is required to become a professional athlete. Does the obsession necessarily have to rise to the level of addiction? I don't believe so.

Interesting topic though.

#28     Jul 22, 2011
  9. jb514

jb514

[ ] understands joke
    [x] is a Gambling Addiction losing trader

#29     Jul 22, 2011
  10. I would've left it alone, but since you went there ...

[ ] knows how to form a complete sentence
    [x] jumps to (incorrect) conclusions about people he's never met

#30     Jul 22, 2011