There is no cure for Gambling Addiction Traders

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by emg, Jul 21, 2011.

1. emg

emg

According to this article:

Rsearchers from the University of Cambridge and the University of Nottingham have found that problem gamblers react differently to gaming stimuli due to differences in the chemical activity of their brains from casual gamblers, according to a study published in the Journal of Neuroscience. The survey demonstrated that dopamine production in problem gambling victims was significantly higher than in normal individuals, especially in betting situations that almost but do not win.

Successful Traders vs Gamblers:

What makes u a successful traders:

1) Have a risk management rules. Must follow the rules.
    2) Sufficient Capital to trade.
    3) Well educated
    4) have self control or be able to control their brain

What makes u a Gambler:

1) Poor or no risk management rules at all. In fact, if you have the personality that cannot follow rules and orders, u are a big big losers!!!

2) Poor education background
    3) insufficient Capital to trade. Many losers strongly believe that they can become a full time traders with a starting capital $2000 or $5000, $10,000, $20,000 etc etc
    4) They can't control their brain. If u are suffering A.D.D (attention deficit disorder), u are in trouble.

More than 90% of small traders lose. They just lose!!

There should be more. I am looking for the best answers. Bring them up!!

2. There is no cure for stupidity either.

emg is a prime example.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I have found some of the best traders in the world have ADD. It gives them an almost superhuman ability to focus and concentrate. EMG, it's very clear to me that you don't actually trade nor are you around any traders or you would know this.

4. jb514

jb514

They say they have ADD just for the ritalin.

5. Most traders are not intelligent enough to figure things out, and even if they are they are not organized enough to come up with a plan, and even if they do they dont have the discipline to execute, and even if they do they are too rigorous to dynamically adapt to changing market conditions, and even if they are not..

6. Aspergers syndrome also--- the 2 wealthiest guys I personally know both have it.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Some perhaps, but trading attracts people whose brain need constant stimuli. They naturally gravitate to trading.

8. Lornz

Lornz

Indeed! Although Asperger's and AD(H)D is on the same spectrum, so there is significant overlap there.

Asperger's "sufferes" (often) have strong pattern recognition abilities and memory. Their "special interests" can also be quite helpful. It is kind of like OCD without the negative aspects of the condition.

9. Lornz

Lornz

Too bad the vast majority constantly seek out the wrong stimuli....

10. The market in general has an overwhelming attraction to those least suited for it

It's how it survives.

#10     Jul 21, 2011