There is but one correct method

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Buy1Sell2, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Has nothing to do with exact tops and bottoms. The 4 rules in the opening post even help a bad system have better opportunity to not lose as quickly. :)

#51     Jul 9, 2012
  2. ammo

ammo

only....passive agressive chiding..passive agressives are never wrong, traders who are never wrong are eventually broke

#52     Jul 9, 2012
  3. Well, gee, if that's what you're striving for, I can help you double the "quality" of your rules.

Only risk 1% of total liquid net worth on any idea/trade.

Oh, wait a second, I think I can double the "quality" of that, too. Yep, only risk 0.5% of total liquid net worth on any idea/trade.

While I agree money management and risk are key considerations, your "rule" is so arbitrary that it's worthless.

#53     Jul 9, 2012
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Excellent! You are beginning to see it! 2% of TLNW was merely the cap on loss! :)

-as long as the stop is outside the noise as you define it, that is the key!--

#54     Jul 9, 2012
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

?
    Traders who focus on being right generally lose in the end. I focus on the proper trading method which is to admit early when wrong and limit loss to no more than 2% of TLNW, yet when right I stay in for as long as possible. This way I can be successful with very few "rights". :)

#55     Jul 9, 2012
  6. ammo

ammo

a smart trader can make money and still be an idiot, trading is a process of weeding out ones personal beliefs, and adapting mentally to the market,one by one the blinders come off,and we slowly become less and less of an idiot,one of the most comfortable falsehoods is always and never,in your case, the only way,the only part of your plan to keep is the 2% rule,and that's just for the newbs

#56     Jul 9, 2012
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Beginning to make some progress here-- :)

The other three items are essential as well.

#57     Jul 9, 2012
  8. ammo

ammo

stubborn as a mule is another trait that a successful trader needs to let go of,there is a big difference between stubborn and disciplined , you've shown in the past,as we all have ,where one has a huge profit and rides it back to 0 or a loss

#58     Jul 9, 2012
  9. How can their be only one method when there is so much documentation that there is a method out there for every trader that exists??? You only described a trend following approach...

IE... Pitbull book trader was a scalper.

Remember, if you can net 2 ES pts (scalp) / day you can be in the top 1% of all incomes.

#59     Jul 9, 2012
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

There may be plenty of strategies for entries and exits available to the retail trader, but this is the correct method to apply to those strategies.:)

#60     Jul 10, 2012