There is but one correct method

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Buy1Sell2, Jul 6, 2012.

1. I am just reacting to the main idea of this thread which said there are laws in trading, which is something you can't say. I have written the rules I think are most appropiate, but for my style of trading. From what I can tell we actually have the same idea, in respect to edges. Not sure. Then it's weird for me that you think stops are always needed.

Also, I don't know what you're looking at. 9-11 clearly mean reverted in a weeks time.

#41     Jul 9, 2012
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Buffet is not a retail trader, he is an investor. Of course you don't use stops as an investor. However in the case of the retail trader, stops are essential. :)

#42     Jul 9, 2012
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Bingo! The 4 rules in the opening post ARE the edge. The rest is applying that edge to your individual system.:)

#43     Jul 9, 2012
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Yes certainly---if that is your system do that but applying the 4 steps in the opening post to that system is the correct method. :)

#44     Jul 9, 2012
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Each person's system of entering and exiting will be different, but applying the rules in the opening post to each system is the one correct method of retail trading. :)

#45     Jul 9, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

Yeah, because scaling in or out (not to be confused with "averaging") is only for losers who can't predict the future with absolute certainty using their flawless methods, right? And remember, no matter how illiquid the instrument you're trading in relation to your size, it must always be all-in and all-out. Got that?

The beauty of certainty is never having to understand the question.

Haven't you already worn out this topic?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78975

#46     Jul 9, 2012
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Topic has not been worn out, no. I did prove in that thread beyond any doubt that scaling in and scaling out is inferior to the superior all in all out strategy.( Never risk more than 2% of TLNW on any one trade/idea)
    :)

#47     Jul 9, 2012
  8. ammo

ammo

get off your soapbox and learn to get along ,agitation is all your trying to accomplish, this is the ,dunno, third time you've started up a thread against averaging..it's like saying your's is the only religion, all other religions are inferior

#48     Jul 9, 2012
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

No. My tenet is based upon fact, not faith. It is the only correct method.:)

#49     Jul 9, 2012
  10. ammo

ammo

your facts are skewed by an obtuse mathematical angle that only works on the hocus pocus that you know exactly where the buy low sell high tops and bottoms are,not going around and around on this again and again, talk to a fool as long as you will ,he's of the same opinion still,you be the one fool ,i'll be the other,if i used your method,assuming i didn;t know where the exact tops and bottoms were, which i don't, i would be broke

#50     Jul 9, 2012