There Is Absolutely NO VALUE To High Frequency Trading

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by OnClose, Sep 27, 2012.

1. +100

#21     Sep 27, 2012
  2. Electrical blackouts are caused because of modeling complexity tradeoff from model simplicity in my opinion. One of the best transmission systems engineers caused a stir 40 years ago by admitting that a no fail electrical system could not be modeled or built. That caused quite a stir for politicians who quickly ignored him delivering a message that would not be heard.

Any model (as explained above) by definition must limit the accuracy somewhat. Due to other very small effects that go on constantly (mankind's limited knowledge, chaos theory, quantum mechanics, etc.) there are parts of reality simplified out in the model.

When some tiny effect thrown out swamps the model, we have black swans or blackouts.

#22     Sep 27, 2012
  3. The biggest HFT operators are central banks, broker/clearing house matching algos.

If we stop government intervention in markets and clearing houses being able to use your money to trade while writing you fancy IOUs.. 90%+ of HFT will be gone.

If they pass bans on HFT, and this shit still goes on (because govt and clearing houses wouldn't be subject to the bans, only independent marketmakers(ie. daytraders)) then what? What will you fuckers complain about then?

#23     Sep 27, 2012
  4. You like to move the argument to secondary effects yourself I think. Please stick to the question asked in the title.

Tell us all the precise value that HFT adds to a market system that has worked for longer than you have been alive.

#24     Sep 27, 2012
  5. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Hang on a sec - what does central banks have to do with HFT??

#25     Sep 27, 2012
  6. vicirek

vicirek

Continuous liquidity at each time frame you require. There is always somebody to buy and sell with no wait, low commission and tight spread.

HFT player operates in free markets where nobody should ask why and how often you trade. You can trade at your own speed and it is nobody business what others are doing as long as it is legal (by the way I am retail and do not mind HFT).

My concern is to have free and unrestricted access to market place with fewer regulations but easy to enforce.

HFT scare is being used to introduce further restrictions for independent traders and give big dealer banks working for the Fed total control over asset prices.

#26     Sep 27, 2012
  7. vicirek

vicirek

Everything. That is why people who do not know should ask for opinion instead of offering uneducated guess.

#27     Sep 27, 2012
  8. OK.

So before HFT, did this not happen?

What do you think market makers do in a market and what is the HFT relationship to market makers?

#28     Sep 27, 2012
  9. :confused:

your kidding me right? hahaha good one

#29     Sep 27, 2012
  10. lol @ improving any system. hilarious, you should be a stand-up comic.

Tell me why it can't be the other way around? why isn't a ban on HFT looked at as the criminals and henchmen trying to protect their business? who didn't realize that this fast adaptation of technology would hinder their bottom line? Oh that's right, you're fucking clueless!

You do realize the normal trader can't HFT stocks? The commissions are just not worth it. Sub-penny and all that shit is done by BD's! :eek:

#30     Sep 27, 2012