There is a God ...

Discussion in 'Options' started by pattersb, Jun 28, 2006.

1. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Yes it does, my wife likes it though .... :D

#21     Jun 28, 2006
  2. Pleeease MAESTRO, not again! LOL. Thought this debate had been covered ad nauseum over here

#22     Jun 28, 2006
  3. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Its ok, I do it too, when it hearts ... it hearts. I hope you'll never get the call ... but it is very unlikely. And, BTW, the princess comment was from the movie, I thought you'd recognize it, it was a joke. I guess it did not work as intended, apologies.

#23     Jun 28, 2006
  4. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Ok, I got your point ... sorry for bringing it up again.

#24     Jun 28, 2006
  5. pattersb

pattersb Guest

snip .... Note that trade cancellation policies are highly subjective and vary between ECN’s/Exchanges.

Will you guys act as character witnesses?

#25     Jun 28, 2006
  6. The subjectiveness is pertinent to when you have made the mistake and want to cancel.

I'm fairly sure it is a lot less subjective when the exchange has made the mistake!

In any event, good luck!

#26     Jun 28, 2006
  7. how so?!!!!

if your bank gives you $10000 but it was someone else's money- do you keep it ?

figures!!!!

#27     Jun 28, 2006
  8. AaronCapps

AaronCapps Global Futures

the sooner you know for sure if they are going to bust it or not, the sooner you know if your positions is going to be re-exposed. This way you can't say you missed out on locking in profits or minimizing risk.

Also you may find that your trade was in the no bust zone and that only trades higher then yours will be busted.

#28     Jun 28, 2006
  9. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Very good point!

#29     Jun 28, 2006
  10. pattersb

pattersb Guest

This seems patently unfair to me. Someone, somewhere screwed up, and I can potentially be harmed by it?

I planned to sell EOD today, if it gaps up tomorrow and my contracts are reinstated (...term?). Oh well, that's my lose?

What the ...? Zero-Sum-Game Indeed!

It's just a bit of money, I'm going to let it roll .... I'll hope to be in that "no bust zone".

:D

Thanks for all the replies.

#30     Jun 28, 2006