There goes the neighborhood

Discussion in 'Economics' started by kjones5159, Sep 5, 2012.

1. How many times have I explicitly said that this isn't a day trade? Anybody actually read the threads they post in?

#51     Sep 6, 2012
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

"Even while enjoying record profits, corporations last year paid just 12.1 percent of those earnings in taxes, their lowest tax rate since 1972, according to the Congressional Budget Office. At least thirty of the country's most profitable companies had a negative tax rate between 2008 and 2010."

The 35% tax rate is a "paper" rate. The amount our corporations pay range from "really low" to "none" because of loopholes, and overseas tax shelters.

Buffett said that current corporate tax rates are low both by historical standards and compared to other industrialized countries, or "far, far, far below what we’ve seen in the United States."

Many corporations pay a tax rate far below the top marginal rate. Industrial machinery companies, led by General Electric, paid a negative tax rate of minus 13.5 percent of their profits in federal income taxes between 2008 and 2010, according to a recent analysis. Information technology companies paid taxes at a 2.5 percent rate, utilities companies at a 3.7 percent rate, and financial corporations at a 15.5 percent rate.

#52     Sep 6, 2012
  3. wtf does "day-trade" have to do with a marked loss? OK, so you're carrying a loss in lieu of covering at the close. I don't want to see you lose, but I am curious as to what qualifies this as a "good call" in your words.

#53     Sep 6, 2012
  4. Where does this data come from?

And I don't follow the term "paper tax rate".

#54     Sep 6, 2012
  5. 1 that is kind of the short point the fed has printed money and at some point that pill becomes poison.
    2 Neither the D's or R's can fix this problem only time can.
    3 free money becomes inflation
    4 i don't know what your talking about go speak to any contractor in business 20 years and ask him that question.

the event is the debt, tax increases, aka the fiscal cliff, they don't fix the problems they just are giving countries going bankrupt loans

if you can tell me what are base is to build on i would love to hear it.

#55     Sep 6, 2012
  6. The fact that the trade lasts more than a few hours, not based on trend, that does exist.... ET. It's not finished yet. The catalysts I am looking for have not surfaced yet. And I'm not trading an SPY put or whatever it was that you posted, not sure where you came up with that.

Think of a value styled swing trade instead of intraday charting and pure TA, if that isn't too much to ask, then you will understand my trade.

#56     Sep 6, 2012
  7. .

In an unusual step for an equity strategist, Kaiser recommends clients purchase S&P 500 puts expiring on Sept. 14 with a strike price of 1375.

How do you think those puts did today? So we're to ignore the position stated in the article. You ok?

#57     Sep 6, 2012
  8. You, for some reason I do not understand, are attatched to my dick like a leech. Maybe you lost big recently and you want to "correct" whoever you can? How the hell would I know. Again, read the previous posts in the thread, and my post before this, I hope for your sake that you are intoxicated in some form to be this ignorant.

I did not buy that put. I have been watching for this move since July, I posted the article because it coincided with my own view, go finish the bottle and get off the internet, I want to tell you to drive somewhere but I'm in the process of bettering myself, so pulling your head out of your ass would suffice.

#58     Sep 6, 2012
  9. This Bro. So who was talking shit on page 1? The idea is to avoid gloating when you're wrong. You authored this thread so that alone suggests you've read it. All I asked is how you defined this as a good call.

#59     Sep 6, 2012
  10. It caught my attention not because I think the GS person is some sort of end-all be-all or something like that, but that previous to this I hadn't caught any articles where Wall Streeters were even talking about a top, or caution in the least. As an observation of the playing field sentiment beginning to shift. How immature and simple your immediate jump to a conclusion was in that someone from GS opened their mouth and my reaction to this was to immediately act like Pavlov's dog (which was yours) and take X position as recommended in said article, and the fact that you relentlessly dog me in a thread that I made as if it would somehow benefit you, leads me to think that you are projecting or trying to compensate. I think you need to get off my dick, there's a difference in having a voice, opinion, and spine, and being a troll on an internet forum who goes after any fart they catch a whiff of.

I don't even understand why you care about my trade, make your own if you don't like mine, better yet create an original thought instead of flaming someone else's.

And there is also a difference between talking shit and clearly illustrating reality to those who apparently do not see clearly. Though you probably have not an inkling of that line.

#60     Sep 6, 2012