There goes the neighborhood

Discussion in 'Economics' started by kjones5159, Sep 5, 2012.

1. #21     Sep 5, 2012
  2. That thread is...special.

#22     Sep 5, 2012
  3. Nobody is arguing with you here OP. The whole point of this was that no one cares what GS has to say - precisely because, as you say, they are a "big player" - they have conflicts of interest across the board.

You have 0 idea what their position is and how this media outlet can be used in their favor.

#23     Sep 5, 2012
  4. Nobody knows.

Everybody is guessing.

Including GS.

#24     Sep 5, 2012
  5. i will call top around here but its a pure economic call. i feel next year is going to be a rough year whoever is in office. i think obama wins another 4 years so i have no nope there. i think romney is a joke with his plan to make 12,000,000 new jobs. yeah cut off unemployment, cut spending, tax cut's for the rich, and produce jobs for 8 dollars an hour. that's his plan haha. i think the bad news was just painted with fed money and you can't build a good economic foundation on that.

#25     Sep 5, 2012
  6. #26     Sep 6, 2012
  7. #27     Sep 6, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Dude, what the hell did you think would happen? You make a new thread predicting a collapse. The polar opposite happens and you don't expect people to jump on you? Welcome to the Internet!

#28     Sep 6, 2012
  9. its a good investor trade if your not going to look hard at charts. he just does not understand people trade here for short term trades and use charts to make the decisions.

#29     Sep 6, 2012
  10. I'm calling for it between now and the end of October, and a smallish correction, not a major collapse. And yes it is a more "investment" styled trade, for these boards two months seems to be long term.

There's a time and place for charts and technicals and I will use them depending on my objective in a trade or series of trades, my preferred way of analysis instead of pure TA is what I call 'outside in'.

See what the polticians are doing, see what the big picture (global) economic situation looks like, see what the region/country looks like, then the market itself, sector, industry, specific competition (companies), target (usually synthesis of the previous observations), then when deciding between companies and/or on possible entry/exit for whatever given timeframe for whatever situation I am interested in, THEN I will use TA, to see at the end on the atomic level what the stock itself is doing.

I am more oriented to position/swing trading, my bet is not off because of Draghi's headlines this morning.

#30     Sep 6, 2012