There goes $1,000 out the window!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spectra, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think that is a good incentive you guys came up with. My question is did TX Trader make more per contract than the other trader whom did not follow your calls, excluding the 1k, or did it pay to break the rules?

#31     Apr 15, 2007
  2. Allaces

Allaces

#32     Apr 15, 2007
  3. Well that was the idea. A practice is execution and discipline. The winner did not take every trade but he came the closest to doing so out of all the entrants. We'll probably do something similar again soon but maybe span it over a week instead of a month.

No the winner did not have to show a profit in his account. Hey may of been trading other markets while participating in our little contest.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#33     Apr 15, 2007
  4. Hacksaw

Hacksaw

#34     Apr 15, 2007
  5. caj- of the trades that he did take of PT, did he make money? If so, how much?

#35     Apr 15, 2007
  6. That's a question for Tx to answer. He did make money for the month. I do not want to start giving out too much information on his personal account. I know he has an account on elite trader. I'll shoot him an email and see if he wants to share his stats publicly.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#36     Apr 15, 2007
  7. Bsulli

Bsulli

I usually don't give most threads on ET a second thought but as this thread has progress I keep coming back to an "Education Vendor" who is actively trying to get customers to take every "recommended or suggested" trade as possible. I think that this is no longer education but trading/investment advice which falls under at a minimum a series 7 but more under a series 65 RIA.

I'm not trying to start some flame war. Just having a hard time separating education from getting customers to take trades. Paying someone to take trades is where I'm coming from.

just my personal opinion, your mileage mary vary.

Good luck and good trading.

Bsulli

#37     Apr 16, 2007
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

yes, this is in contrary to the usual mode of well-customer-don't-follow-me-call-what-can-I-do-shrug paid room attitude, highly unusual. :)

#38     Apr 16, 2007
  9. Bsulli

Bsulli

I think Puretick's intent was well meaning in an attempt to validate the quality of their service but stepped well over the line having read the study materials for both the 7 and 65 in regards to the exchanges of monies for services.

nothing against puretick I just think vendors in general have been pushing the envelope more and more in the past few years trying to bring in paying customers.

Personally I think the line between education and trade entry/exit recommendations is getting blurred beyond recognition with some vendors in the marketplace.

again just my personal opinion.

Bsulli

#39     Apr 16, 2007
  10. It's a grey area that is for sure. Since they are trading futures, a Series 7 does not apply here, a Series 3 would. They fall under the regulation of the NFA / CFTC, not the SEC.

#40     Apr 16, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.