There goes $1,000 out the window!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spectra, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joab,

Every time you read a forum post, a book or attend a seminar your building knowledge based on someone else interpretation or existing experience. That's how humans learn. I chose to surround myself with positive, intelligent people. (what am I doing on ET right :)

However, I would not try to mock or 100% emulate another trader without an understanding of what that person is doing.

I've personally been a member of a few chat rooms and I've learned something in every single one.. from the teacher and the other students.

NEVER? You may have to address that with the users in our room making money. Were more of an education service then a plane jane call room.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#21     Mar 11, 2007
  2. Tcbjx9

Tcbjx9

Joab i made money in a trading room today. Does that mean I should call Guinness?

#22     Mar 19, 2007
  3. jem

jem

I would call guinness and ask them to mix in half a pint of harp.

#23     Mar 19, 2007
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

or from somebody explain the market to you so you can begin to built your own understanding.

#24     Mar 19, 2007
  5. Thats pretty much what Alex does all day long. I don't know how he can speak for so long and not use his voice but it's helpful to me even though I've been trading futures for a while now.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#25     Mar 28, 2007
  6. Tcbjx9

Tcbjx9

yes thats the main thing I enjoy about your room. even if there were no official calls at all I'd definately stay subscribed

#26     Mar 29, 2007
  7. Did someone win the $1000? How did the contest go?

#27     Apr 10, 2007
  8. The users have until the 15th to send their statements in. So we'll know in 5 days. I will post the winner. Looks like TxTrader is in the lead so far.

Caj

#28     Apr 10, 2007
  9. Just wanted to inform everyone of the most excellent news! TxTrader is the grand prize winner of the March 2007 trading contest. As you may know, we had a contest in March to see who could put on every trading call (as shown on the track record). Whoever came the closet would be given $1,000 cash. Most of the entries I receive from traders showed that they were trading 4x or more times the amount we were each day. Over trading is the bane of many aspiring traders. Congratulations to TxTrader for keeping his calm and exercising discipline in this chaotic market.

#29     Apr 15, 2007
  10. Allaces

Allaces

So you just had to take every trade?

#30     Apr 15, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.