There cannot be a recession now.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by HedgefundTrader2, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Why do so many "Et Traders" worry about a recession?

:confused:

Who cares. If your in the trading world worry about 'drying up" of volatility, or "Range bound markets". There is no correlation between "Recession" and "Range" or "Ending of Vol."

#31     Jan 18, 2008
    #32     Jan 18, 2008
  3. Donated to Ron Paul's campiagn fund.

#33     Jan 18, 2008
  4. jd7419

jd7419

Day7793 you are pathetic. See stockturder and increasenow are probably 18 at most, you on the other hand are an old idiot. Who the fuck cares if a recession takes hold. It's part of the economic cycle. Would it be so bad to have a few companies wiped out and the unemployment rate rise to 7-8%. Seriously you can't engineer prosperity forever. There will be great buys in the stock market and the housing market when this is all over. And guess what life and the economic cycle will go on again as it always does.

#34     Jan 18, 2008
  5. Or take the bus or train to work and smoke out these OIL BANDITS who have created this inflationary crisis and tight money control.

Everything is going down including the stock market but the price of gas keeps going up and the cashflow of XOM, CVX, VLO and all those OIL THUGS. Just look at the cash flow statements of these OIL BARRONS a record number of quarters piling up, jacking EPS numbers and bottom lines.

#35     Jan 18, 2008

6. I always like to be on the winning side and I always like to win.

I dont like empty bank accounts, unemployment, misery and downturns. Life is too short for that. I like our country to prosper and create wealth. I like making money, it keeps me off the streets and under my roof. I would never like to see another recession again.

Recession is not a part of economic cycle as such, its a displacement of prosperity and wealth when badly handled. Who likes to be in 1929 like depression era once again ? Do you?

Stop name calling you will come out making more sense.

#36     Jan 18, 2008
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

Recessions are most definitely part of the boom-bust cycle. We'll have that cycle as long as there's a Fed and meddling by presidents, Congress, etc.

#37     Jan 18, 2008
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Welcome back stocktrader

#38     Jan 18, 2008
  9. Your country might have done that in the beginning, before 1929. After that it was no wealth, but debt that was created.
    Everything you see around you, your whole economy, is built on massive debt, financed by the arabs and the chinese. Guess who will own your banks, your houses and you industries in a few years? They're halfway there already. There is no US. There are sheep, milked by the rest of the world.

#39     Jan 18, 2008
  10. plugger

plugger

You guys worry too much.

Here's what you do....

Buy yourself some of those globalist smartie stocks. You know, GOOG, RIMM, AAPL, and GS. They never go down just like the economy never slows down...

You can ride out any storm with globalist smartie stocks. I heard they're creating a new ETF for this exact category. Excellent.

#40     Jan 18, 2008