There cannot be a recession now.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by HedgefundTrader2, Jan 18, 2008.

1. bgp

bgp

i will have to read what maynard keyns says.

bgp

#21     Jan 18, 2008
  2. You can't get the economy out of recession by printing money. Every dollar they print is worth a little less than the previous one, it's called the law of diminishing returns.
    [and it's not the kind of law that Bush can veto, or congress can change]

#22     Jan 18, 2008
  3. bdon

bdon

I don't need to wait for a piece of paper to come out six months from now to tell me that recession began in late '07. I look and see it. I look at the job market and see it. I look at credit defaults and see it. I look at the market and see it. I look at guidance and see it. You wait for that piece of paper and start shorting six months from now.

#23     Jan 18, 2008
  4. Absolutely nothing. I would just let the market adjust itself. Put an extra $800 or less for family of four making 25k to 40k does not do much.

I bet this is same as the Bush tax cut on the poor. If order to get the small tax cut, you have to approve getting rid of estate tax.

#24     Jan 18, 2008
  5. Previous rate cuts have done nothing to contain the crisis.

Is helicopter going to cut rates to 1% again ? That might stop the crisis for now... but you'll have an even bigger shit ball in a few years. Eventually you gotta bite the bullet.

#25     Jan 18, 2008
  6. Adobian

Adobian

Does this mean US economy will never go into recession ? Ever ?
    Because fed will always cut rate, and President will always inject some $150 Billion dollars Tax Relief Stimulus Package ?

Anybody here played video games? First Person Shooters ?

You get hurt, your health is low, you hit a button and call out: "Patch me up Doc"... Magically, another soldier runs over: "Let me see, let me see". You get patched up as good as new. And then start shooting at the enemy again as if nothing has happened.

#26     Jan 18, 2008
  7. S2007S

S2007S

Tax rebates: All sides agree that tax rebate checks — up to $500 for individuals and more for married couples and people with children — would be in any final stimulus measure. The White House was pushing for even higher rebates. The rebates are likely to be limited to individuals with incomes less than $85,000 and couples earning $110,000 or less. Democrats want to extend the rebates to people who work but make too little to have to pay income taxes.

#27     Jan 18, 2008
  8. Adobian

Adobian

Step lighter on the gas pedal, you could save at least $500/year or more.

#28     Jan 18, 2008
  9. Ahhhhhh you’re all being silly. Take the blinders off this is all part of the master plan laid out by Skull and Bones and brought to you by your local Masonic Lodge.

Don’t you get it? Lower the interest rates, get rid of M3, ramp up the monetary base, devalue the dollar, throw the economy into a tailspin, collapse the dollar, default on the debt, introduce the Amero!

Welcome to the North American Union.

The process has already been tested and proven in Argentina.

How do you think they went from the Peso to the Argentino?

Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_economic_crisis_(1999-2002)

Wash, rinse, repeat. Viva la Nación Nuevo!

I’m so glad I’m fluent in Spanish.

Just,
    MY2 ¢¢

#29     Jan 18, 2008
  10. toc

toc

Hope this economic package works in avoiding the recession.

#30     Jan 18, 2008