there can never be a trading system

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by chipmunk, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Give up trying to find a Holy Grail. TS's are just lazy. Leanr to trade and make money

2. syspool

syspool

I have spent a lot of time developing trading strategies which work very well manually (>80% winners). And I have spent tens of thousands on having them programmed. They produced not nearly my results trading manually.

I am still looking for the program or programmer to implement my strategies for automated trading.

Happy trading,

Felix

3. Can't be done. Markets are always changing.

4. Unless it is something very complicated I don't see why it couldn't be programmed . PM me if you are still interested .

5. I respectfully disagree. You may be able to outperform your automated system by manually over-riding it's signals but there are other issues to consider.

I use automation to monitor / enter / exit multiple markets, more than I could ever devote my full attention to in real time.

And lazy, NO. I have spent countless hours fine tuning my strategies. That they may mean I "work less" during market hours than some, but that is just one measurement.

6. the amazing thing is, that great wisdom didnt come with a :cool:

a first for ET platitudes

7. system traders want to lie on the beach and make millions. No system can work or long.

8. I have 100% automated systems that have made money every year since i started trading them. Calendar years 2005, 2006,2007 and 2008 all highly profitable.

They dont make money every month or every quarter but they make money 99 years out of a 100.

The markets are always changing and they are always the same.

9. MKTrader

MKTrader

And this is based on what? Thousands of hours of systematic testing? Or a few bad experiences?

I agree that finding a good TS is difficult...much harder than vendors say. And even the best ones require you to sit through large drawdowns and/or flat periods--more than most people can take. But there are systems with good long-term performance spanning decades. They just aren't easy to find or design.

10. MKTrader

MKTrader

Pretty impressive since 2005-2006 were the polar opposite of the current market climate--small ranges/volatility vs. the huge swings we're experiencing now.

#10     Oct 14, 2008