there are some good buys out there right now

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HolyGrail, Jan 9, 2007.

1. You'd play RIMM long after Jobs's iPhone rock concert?

#11     Jan 10, 2007
  2. Yep, rimm is a great swing trade here or slightly lower. My guess is it will start out higher in the morning and drop some at lunch. If it does I will be a buyer.

#12     Jan 10, 2007
  3. the extra froth is almost off the heng seng.

we have perhaps another 300 pts to go before a perfect entry (19300). in the meanwhile, you can test scalps for longs and shorts.

remember the thing shot from 19600-> 20300 on two issues : 1) corporate tax law change proposal (increasing valuation) and 2) china life ipo that finished yesterday.

maybe it needs some time before another leg up, but a in a few weeks we may have a perfect long.

china has 10% gdp growth. while there is volatility, only global recession will make this market falter.

#13     Jan 10, 2007
  4. Those were some pretty damn good calls if I do say so myself. Did I take advantage of them? Only Rimm and klac. I decided to add to my adct position instead of yahoo which I could not buy at what I thought was a decent price.

#14     Jan 10, 2007
  5. Intc, klac, imcl, jnj, etfc, orcl, rimm, and yhoo....
    HolyGrail if etrade didn't have such a f*ckd up symbol that would sound like any mutual fund!

I'll raise you: PRFT,SPWR,ANGO,ACH,WFR....

#15     Jan 10, 2007
  6. None of those are in my 155 stocks that I trade on a regular basis, but I must admit had they been there prft and ango would have come out on my system as a definite confirmed buy. The others are not totally confirmed but look pretty darn good.

#16     Jan 10, 2007
  7. I may have said this before... :D

When stocks take a Dip.

Load the Ship!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:cool:

#17     Jan 10, 2007
  8. S2007S

S2007S

tonight the markets across the world will be up 1-3%, this will keep the futures up all night. NDX should rally to new highs tomorrow at that point will have to see, it already tried 1820-1822 twice and has not succeeded. Will see what happens tomorrow. Only 7 points away. Placing my shorts at ^ndx 1830-1840.

#18     Jan 10, 2007
  9. S2007S

S2007S

One day the dip buying method wont work. It cant always work...

#19     Jan 10, 2007
  10. True, but if the market is in an overall uptrend then buying the dips is the way to make money. It's also the way to make money in a flat market. So two out of the three market possiblities make dip buying successful. I'll take 66% any day of the week.

#20     Jan 10, 2007