There Are Jobs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seneca_roman, Oct 11, 2011.

1. I love the phrase "as much as" when someone is hiring. What they should advertise is what the average and median wage is, that would be a truer gauge of what the pay really is.

#21     Oct 12, 2011
  2. yea but the part i call bs is the claim that these jobs cant be filled. i will bet money there will be lines a block long for those 100k truck driving jobs.

#22     Oct 12, 2011
  3. pspr

pspr

Hmmmm. Do you have a pic and a phone number?

Just kidding - just kidding! :D

Watch out for Lucrum though.

#23     Oct 12, 2011
  4. Suddenly, those really expensive college educations look like a poor investment, don't they ?
    If you are in IT today, even with an advanced degree, you are struggling to make $100k.

#24     Oct 12, 2011
  5. This surprised me: one of the companies CHK held a jobs fair recently to fill 20 driver jobs and only 60 showed up. Shocked the hell out of me when I saw that. BS NOTE: I got this info second hand so it may be bs. Other job fairs draw big turnouts but it seems the driver jobs are somewhat hard to fill once the druggies and those who can't pass the background check are weeded out.

Seneca

#25     Oct 13, 2011
  6. I roofed a house for a truck driver in West Texas, the scum bag still owes me a couple of thousand dollars, maybe I should send him the ad.

#26     Oct 13, 2011
  7. In Alabam, we are seeing the effects of the crackdown on illegals, but it is hurting the ag. industry as farmers are finding it difficult finding Americans willing to do the work:

"Following the passage of Alabama's strict immigration law, which has caused thousands of undocumented immigrants to flee the state due to fears of deportation, farmers are suffering from a labor shortage that they say won't be filled by unemployed American citizens

Farmers in Alabama and other parts of the country often must rely on undocumented immigrants for labor because they say Americans aren't willing to commit themselves to strenuous, low-paying jobs that immigrants are willing to perform -- and well.
    "

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/235...ion-law-agricultural-labor-shortage.htm?cid=2

Seneca

#27     Oct 21, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Cut perpetual unemployment benefits and they'll do the work.

#28     Oct 21, 2011
  9. If the farmers paid a fair wage they could get workers. It might be $15 to &25 an hour but there is a price where they can find legal workers. The farmers need to stop complaining and pony up.

#29     Oct 22, 2011