there are 40 more todd akins in congress.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 23, 2012.

1. you think todd akin is some right wing religious wacko? think again. he is just one of many in the republican congress:

Todd Akin's Party: More Than 40 Republican Candidates Oppose Abortion In Cases Of Rape, Incest

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) faced scorn and ridicule from members of his own party this week after expressing his belief that rape victims don't need to have access to abortion because "legitimate rape" rarely results in pregnancies. Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), chair of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, called his comments "wrong, offensive, and indefensible" and was just one in a chorus of Republicans calling on Akin to drop his U.S. Senate bid.

While many Republicans may not have used Akin's blunt wording, his sentiments are not unusual in the GOP. Just two days after he made his remarks, the party voted to incorporate strict anti-abortion language into its platform, with no exception for pregnancies that result from rape or incest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/22/todd-akin-abortion-rape-incest_n_1819201.html

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm STILL voting ABO on November. NO incumbents for me.

3. I am very grateful tor Todd Akin and those like him :cool:

4. It takes a special individual to charge into the face of certain defeat for no reason at all. That alone is a talent. It is a talent to latch on to something and abandon all cognition.:)

5. Meee too!

Better is that this is becoming a choice election. We did not get Santorum, but this is shaping up pretty well. A good litmus test for where we are as a nation.

6. "Akin locks up Obama re-election, thank you Congressman." I can just see Ryan doing the face in hand, damn, damn, damn.