Theranos - fraud

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by RedDuke, Apr 6, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

:D:D
    Hilarious. Thanks for the laugh!

#31     Apr 6, 2017
  2. bookish

bookish

There was no fraud. She was attacked. This was a sophisticated act of espionage. To let you know how big of a problem this is in our country the law regarding espionage and its definition have been changed. It used to mean any sort of covert/clandestine activity but now is very narrowly defined in the context of information acquisition.

When she started out she had well developed lab practices and everything worked, then opposition threw a wrench in it; several wrenches.

I suspect this has less to do with business competitors and more to do with illegal spying by syndicate controlled "law enforcement." I'm not going to get detailed but there are uses for a persons blood beyond what is published and there are heavy motives for the syndicate to have ready and frequent access to blood samples, especially stored by a third party.

When I recently went to collect my blood samples the lab attendant put my name in the computer to look up my info. Within 20 minutes the local chief of police walked right up to the counter, not noticing me, and asked her to give him one of my vials.

Theranos was going to throw a wrench in one of the syndicate's favorite toys.

More, I know Elizabeth and she is a lot more proficient at conflict than you might guess. Its not just anyone that got over on her. This is some high level opposition at work.

Never let anyone take body fluid or tissue samples from you.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    #32     Apr 6, 2017
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Say whaaaat?
    The police came in and got your blood?

And you piqued my curiosity here with this:
    "but there are uses for a persons blood beyond what is published and there are heavy motives for the syndicate to have ready and frequent access to blood samples, especially stored by a third party".

No way you can leave us hanging with that. Please elaborate. Vampires or tin-foil?

#33     Apr 7, 2017
  4. bookish

bookish

Really sorry, but I have too. At least for now. On the one hand I don't want this becoming common criminal practice. On the other hand, looks like it already is. Maybe if I broadcast it too everyone it will help balance forces.

#34     Apr 7, 2017
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

So do you have to be like really smart to have them want your blood? Like their cloning people?
    At least put my mind at ease, cause that means I'm safe.

#35     Apr 7, 2017
  6. bookish

bookish

Its a possibility but I think its more of a combination of them not liking your politics, you being able to see through their bullshit, being smart enough to pose a threat, and dumb / careless enough for them to find out about you in the first place.

#36     Apr 7, 2017
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

And one's blood fits into this... how?

#37     Apr 7, 2017
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

This is my favorite thread! JJ the denier, and Bookish the conspiracy nut, with the sheriff taking away his semenpee sample, I am loving it!!!

There are at least 2 other companies working on similar technologies, so if this simplifying technic can be discovered, it will be. Elizabeth was forbidden to practice or do anything with research IIRC, that is some nifty ban.

#38     Apr 7, 2017
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Son, you are about 2 years behind the news, those stocks are worthless right now. The company has no worth, technology, nothing. Maybe a couple of lawsuits...

"Theranos will instead buy back his (Murdoch) shares for $1, according to the Journal’s sources.
    Another investor, San Francisco-based hedge fund Partner Fund Management LP, which sued Theranos in October and participated in the $198 Series C round..."

Hey, at least his original $198 stock is still worth a buck...

"One way Theranos is hoping to stay afloat is by offering double the shares — including some of founder Elizabeth Holmes’ own shares — to investors if they promise not to sue.

Theranos is knee-deep in an avalanche of lawsuits from investors and consumers of its blood-testing products after it was discovered the tests had an accuracy problem and didn’t meet with the company’s own standards."

"The deal would include those investors in Theranos’ latest funding round in 2015, which yielded $600 million."

So let's keep counting, 700+600, that is at least 1.3 bill down the drain....

https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/23/t...eth-holmes-shares-if-they-promise-not-to-sue/

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    #39     Apr 7, 2017
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

It has nothing to do with haters. I loved her idea and what she has accomplished until the facts came out that it was fraud. There are many way to make money via fraud, some people are fine with it, but I am not.

If you are in the camp of worshiping people who make millions via fraud, it is your personal choice.

#40     Apr 7, 2017