theory of 8

Discussion in 'Options' started by mikeenday, Aug 4, 2011.

1. mikeenday

mikeenday Guest

it's been down consecutive 8 days if you connect lower low.
    and 90% chance it will be a reversal day as chart theory states.

buy is the song to sing for today.

2. How is that working for you?

3. mikeenday

mikeenday Guest

rule # 9:
    always wait till 5 minutes before market ends to pull the trigger.

4. spindr0

spindr0

If you ask 100 traders what the low print of this down move is going to be, I guarantee you that one of them will be the closest.

5. Don't you kids worry. This thing will turn around. You see, Barry is focused on jobs now. Focused, I tell you.

6. and he will be the guy with the most credability when he calls the next top

7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Often not just the next time, but for the rest of his life.

8. spindr0

spindr0

Nahhh, he'll be the guy at the cocktail party telling the same story for the rest of his life - ignoring all of the losing calls he made. Kinda like the Elite in Elite Trader :)

As for the OP's prediction, FWIW, Tom DeMark has some technical indicators (as many others do) which suggest that after 8-10 consecutive days of being triggered, it's buy (or sell) time. The problem with them is that all it tells you is that you're closer to the top (or bottom) but in no way tells you you're there (ya know, those times the trend goes for 12 or 15 or more days - eg 2008), Probably good for dollar cost averagers, not traders.

9. mikeenday

mikeenday Guest

You win and I lost. as you know that I bought as planned. and down 300 immediately now. all calls on QQQ and FAZ puts, VXX puts. with strike at Aug. 19.

you at least need to wait till tomorrow 3:55PM EST to see if i can break even.

10. spindr0

spindr0

Yup, I won today but not because of any silly predictions or having a clue whether the market would be up or down. I just went along for the ride. I'm a little subbie follower :) :D :eek:

#10     Aug 5, 2011