Theorcacy and Facism coming to America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Feb 21, 2011.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Fascism is possible in europe. The no-kidding variety.

Soft-fascism is possible in the USA. We are seeing a move towards liberal-fascism in the US with all the rules and regulations being enacted that impinge on our private lives and businesses. But in America the dial swings back and forth between extremes on the right and left.

Its really only the Obama adminstration that has sought permanent changes to completely throw the game to the democrats. That is my real objection, that democrats have abandoned democracy for harsher techniques.

#51     Mar 2, 2011
  2. Here comes the fascism with the republicans waving the flag and singing God Bless America.

COLUMBUS, Ohio – An Ohio bill that would restrict collective bargaining rights for 350,000 public workers was headed Wednesday to a vote by the GOP-led Senate after leadership ousted from a key committee a fellow-Republican who had expressed his disapproval of the measure.

The chamber was expected to take up the bill Wednesday afternoon after it passed out of the Senate Insurance, Commerce and Labor Committee on a 7-5 vote. All four Democrats and one Republican voted against it.

Lawmakers approved changes to the bill that include banning public workers from striking, and establishing fines and jail time for those who do participate in walkouts. Unionized workers could negotiate wages, hours and safety conditions but not health care, sick time or pension benefits. It would affect teachers, university professors, firefighters, police officers and other public workers.

#52     Mar 2, 2011
  3. #53     Mar 2, 2011
  4. Woah, hang on a second. Given that a mere 2% of American housholds owned slaves, how do you figure that "racism built America"? I'll be at the front of the line protesting how slavery was a human rights violation and that jim crow had to go, but I feel that the notion that "racism built america" is a bit off the mark.

I also don't agree with the notion that electing a black person is somehow sign of "progress" or merits the nation some sort of credit. Why should skin color be relevant criteria as opposed to actual policy? Isn't that a somewhat "racist" notion in and of itself? I'm quite sure it is, by the common deffinition of the term... "not by the color of her skin, but by the content of her character"... That IS what it was all about right? Yet these anti white racial policies have lead to :

"In 2007, the advocacy group Adversity.net examined the racial hiring practices of Washington’s Executive Departments and Independent Agencies, from the Department of Education to NASA. The group discovered that with a very few exceptions, federal entities dramatically overfulfill their “Diversity” quotas. Indeed, the best agencies at hiring Blacks put the Post Office of lore to shame: the Controlled Substance Ordering System, the Government Printing Office, and the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, for instance, overhire Blacks at 800, 500, and 400 percent, respectively. Even the “worst” agency for employing African-Americans, über-nerdy NASA, overhires Blacks at a clip of 50 percent."

I guess this is the "equality" they were talking about...

#54     Mar 2, 2011
  5. phenom

Cut the crap.

You and I and the rest of the known world know why Obama is president. He is the first viable black candidate that had some crossover appeal and America is desperate to put this slavery and racism business behind her. American wanting to put racism behind her is CLEARLY progress. But you believe in eugenics so that says something right there.

As far as you squealing about Affirmative Action, whites in America legislate and enforce all policies thereof, again to put this racism and slavery business behind her. Blacks were the victims of slavery, not whites, and just like the 19 yr old who catches a sex offender tag for boinking his 17 yr old gf, the system aint perfect.

Now that all of that is out the way and the clearly obvious has been stated, what is your beef? That it is reverse racism? How so? How many black Congressmen and Senators, Governors and Mayors are there? Could blacks band together and form legislation from sheer brute strength? Hardly.

So your issue is with legislation that whites control, and frankly, it comes off as someone who got passed over by a Mexican, and now you're pissed. If that is the case, then sue!

And btw, by the time slavery AND jim crow went, America was pretty much built, dontcha think??

#55     Mar 2, 2011
  6. In my view Obama was a direct response to two terms of Bush. I'm sure his "blackness" sold him to a greater extent, yes. However, votes based on skin color are "racist" in and of themselves.

The desire to "put racism behind her" has nothing to do with progress or lack thereof. Racism has no place in government, however the views of individuals on race is well outside the scope of government. For better or for worse, the thought police have yet to be established... I'd argue that the notion that government feels that racial issues and views of private people and private organizations are it's business is not progress, but regression. The racial views of private people and entitites are outside the legitimate scope of government.

As far as my "belief" in eugenics? As far as I know, eugenics is a practice, not a belief. I'm not sure what you are using to verify my "belief" in eugenics, or how that is relevant to this topic.

Affirmative Action would be more accurately be described as anti white racial discrimination. It's blatant dishonesty to claim otherwise. You are saying that mass, systemic discrimination against a group of people which 2% of their ancestors owned slaves somehow serves the purpose of "putting racism and slavery behind us"? That's absurd.

Whether or not blacks were the victims of slavery is not relevant. No black person alive today was a victim of slavery, and no white person was a slave owner. Even if they were, widespread discrimination against whites(2% of whose households owned slaves) in favor of nonwhites would not somehow rectify that. Whether or not whites legislate and enforce the policies is irrelevant, although the federal government is disproportionately black, so are very many local governments...

Now that that's out of the way, what is "reverse racism"? As if the natural order of things are for whites to be racist against nonwhites, and if nonwhites are racist towards whites that it's somehow "reversed"? That's a fairly anti white notion in and of itself. What I have against it is that it's racism in the name of anti racism. I'm against systemic racism of any kind, but I have a particularly interest in the wide spread systemic racism against white people, and I am a white person. It affects "my people" ( to quote Eric Holder) uniquely. Other groups aren't affected by it.

Nonwhites are a huge voting bloc for the PC leftist orthodoxy, hence any anti white policy, particularly if it benefits nonwhites, is huge pandering currency to procure votes. It doesn't really matter who is doing it, that doesn't make it right.

Of course the system aint perfect. Particularly the most government run ones, like the one you mentioned. And that's not even the worst. My friend's spouse now has to register as a sex offender everywhere he lives. The crime? "Indecent exposure" for taking a piss in an alley behind a dumpster after leaving a bar.

Regardless

I don't ever know of being "passed over", thankfully I don't have a public sector job, or work for a large company, and don't make my living being a system parasite. So thankfully this sort of thing doesn't affect me personally. I just care about systemic discrimination against a group of people based on their race. That makes me "racist", I'm told...

You seem to think that racially based quotas and preferences are the answer to decades and centuries old racism, and that racism against whites doesn't count. As long as whites are the target, it's not racism... That's my beef.

Imagine if a white head of the DOJ was up there justifying brushing aside a group of white people who were intimidating black voters in a black area, because they were looking out for "his people"... THAT is racial inequality. THAT is racial injustice. And that is my beef.

#56     Mar 2, 2011
  7. Don't know what Ohio law is, but I suspect we will see recall elections there for state senators if such a law passes.

#57     Mar 2, 2011
  8. Can the goose stepping be far behind? Just make up new laws as they suit your needs. Sieg Heil mein Govenor.

By SCOTT BAUER, Associated Press Scott Bauer, Associated Press � 19 mins ago

MADISON, Wis. � Wisconsin's Senate Republicans voted Thursday to order police to go after their AWOL Democratic colleagues if they didn't return to work by late afternoon, passing a resolution that would find the missing senators guilty of contempt and disorderly conduct if they remained on the lam.

The 14 Democratic senators escaped to Illinois two weeks ago to avoid voting on Gov. Scott Walker's proposal to take away nearly all collective bargaining rights from most state workers. Their absence has blocked passage of the bill because at least one of them must be present to have a quorum.

The state constitution doesn't allow for senators to be arrested simply for not showing up. Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said the resolution passed Thursday morning allows police to take the Democrats into custody under Senate rules, not criminal or civil law, and only if they are in Wisconsin.

#58     Mar 3, 2011
  9. Unbridled power...does it every time.

The right wing doesn't really like the concept of nor the practice of a balance of power.

Their motto is: "Competition, not cooperation. We won, so we make the rules. Same is true for dems in many cases."

However, the dems can at times be reasoned with, whereas the fundamentalists claim to know they are right, and to compromise would be wrong.

Yes, Theocracy and Fascism is here in America right now...to a degree, and the heat is rising.

#59     Mar 3, 2011
  10. #60     Mar 4, 2011