Theological discusssion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by morganist, Jun 16, 2011.

1. stu

stu

But the complexity of your surroundings didn't evolve by chance alone.
    It's complexity from simplicity due to favorable circumstances.

#21     Jun 17, 2011
  2. lindq

lindq

It didn't evolve by chance. It evolved by human intervention as soon as we stood upright and began to speak.

Look around you right now. What about your environment is natural, and has not been created or manipulated by man?

You eat synthetic food, wear synthetic clothes, take synthetic drugs, use synthetic energy and live a synthetic, unnatural life.

Yes, there are a few natural diseases, environments and weather patterns that we don't yet control. But that is changing now. Give us a couple hundred years and NATURE won't even rate a mention in Wikipedia.

We are no longer natural beings, and our technical/biological progress will continue to take us farther away from processes that are not controlled and managed by us.

#22     Jun 17, 2011
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

What you are describing is in itself an area of question. What creates the awareness that enables evolution. In addition why is the point of evolving unless it is to achieve something. What is enabling man to appreciate things to be interventionalist.

Nicola Tesla built the electronic engine as a result of a dream. What creates dreams and how is it possible for someone to create a set environment in real time when they sleep where they go to places they have never been to before, speak to people they have never met that have a whole physical persona and a body. I don't think that the things we see in dreams can be created by man in themselves.

Anyway. What you are explaining is called the universal awakening, which is used to justify the external consciousness I am talking about.

In addition to that what makes people feel emotions when they hear music or appreciate a beautiful view. There is nothing in evolution that explains that. For example why do people universally not like certain sounds yet certain cords create harmony. How are we even capable of appreciating harmony. Why do certain keys played together trigger emotions how does evolution or survival of the fittest explain that.

#23     Jun 17, 2011
  4. you obviously dont have an understanding of evolution. it has nothing to do with awareness. its survival in the enviroment the organism finds itself in.
    here is an elementary example of how evolution works: lets take rabbits. the rabbits are living in a warm climate and everything is going fine. they have predators but since the rabbits are mostly brown colored they blend in with the vegatation and predators dont see them well.
    along comes global cooling and the climate changes from vegatation to white snow. the brown rabbits stand out in the white snow and are sitting ducks for predators. they are slowly being wiped out. fortunately because of a mutation some rabbits were always born white. they had a tough time when there was no snow but now they blend in perfectly with the snow and because the brown rabbits are being killed by predators eventually white rabbits breeding with other white rabbits causes most rabbits to be born white. that is how evolution works.
    survival of the fittest does not have to mean the strongest. it could also mean smartest or best able to adapt.

#24     Jun 17, 2011
  5. morganist

morganist Guest

What is it that creates the awareness in the animal that enables it adapt and what then creates the new design to adapt to the envronment. If you need a faster car you need to add a new engine which means a new design and implentation of that engine. What designs the new development or at least the ability of the animal to physically change in the first place.

#25     Jun 17, 2011
  6. mutations happen in organisms. some are good, some are bad. there doesnt have to be an awareness. some have a better ability to take advantage of the enviroment around them.
    scientists have found animals that lived in caves for millions of years that have not evolved the ability to see while similar animals outside in the sunlight have eyes. why?

#26     Jun 17, 2011
  7. morganist

morganist Guest

What creates the ability to mutate? Whether it fails or it is successful there is some design going on. Cars don't just sprout new engines there is design. Animals are the same there must be something designing the new limb or ear or wings. What is that?

#27     Jun 17, 2011
  8. if i were you and had these questions i would spend some time studying science. its a beautiful thing.

http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/archive/sloozeworm/mutationbg.html

#28     Jun 17, 2011
  9. pspr

pspr

No, no one has any views on this subject.

Maybe you should read the Bible or other religious works and see if anyone has ever, in the history of man, had any views on the subject. :D

#29     Jun 17, 2011
  10. morganist

morganist Guest

I don't think you can really answer that question and I have seen people saying that there is missing point.

Thomas Aquinas theory of the reason for efficient cause is the closest thing to explain what I am trying to say. There has to be something to kick start any kind of development.

#30     Jun 17, 2011