Theological discusssion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by morganist, Jun 16, 2011.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

I was wondering if anyone had any views on this.

The world we live in punishes certain types of behaviour. For example excessive eating, excessive drinking, sexual immorality etc. However all of these things are punished by nature itself. Poor diet and consumption of alcohol and drugs create illnesses and cancer. Sexual immorality leads to sexually transmitted diseases.

Why is this? Why has the boundary been set by nature that we have to behave in a certain way or we are punished? Why should someone get punished by nature if they drink too much, eat too much, don't get enough exercise. It is as if we are punished for laziness and greed. Also a lot of these things have impacts on other people. Easting too much food takes food away from others, alcohol creates social unrest, so does drugs and sex without responsibility leads to unwanted pregnancies.

So is there some kind of consciousness in nature to punish this behaviour when it impacts on other people. A kind of consciousness that is able to appreciate the value of each person and the impact of certain behaviour on others. I think Christians would consider it to the Holy Ghost. Although I think many Christians believe it is like a ever present consciousness rather than the natural rules.

What is it that sets the boundaries that we live in in the world and why have they been set like that?

2. It forces individuals to be strong and prevents overpopulation. [​IMG]

3. Ricter

Ricter

I'd like to point out that, no matter what you do, or do not do, you're going to die.

Fully indulge or highly discipline your creaturely side, soar to the highest heights or sink to the deepest depths of your symbolic side, or even achieve a perfect balance among all these, walking the "razor's edge", you are still going to die.

"Once admit that you are a defecating creature and you invite the primeval ocean of creature anxiety to flood over you. But it is more than creature anxiety, it is also man's anxiety, the anxiety that results from the human paradox that man is an animal who is conscious of his animal limitation. Anxiety is the result of the perception of the truth of one's condition. What does it mean to be a self-conscious animal? The idea is ludicrous, if it is not monstrous. It means to know that one is food for worms. This is the terror: to have emerged from nothing, to have a name, consciousness of self, deep inner feelings, an excruciating inner yearning for life and self-expression—and with all this yet to die (emphasis mine). It seems like a hoax, which is why one type of cultural man rebels openly against the idea of God. What kind of deity would create such complex and fancy worm food? Cynical deities, said the Greeks, who use man's torments for their own amusement."

4. ==============
    Thoughtful questions Morgan.
    Well many things are simply good man made laws;
    others are God made.

For example TN has a minimum speed limit of 45 MPH, some roads .
    :D So slower is better in adding position percentagesize , but not better in so slow auto travel.

For sure laziness is paid with all kinds trouble/and Doctors have warned for some time against couch potatoe laziness... Turtles have to be careful, slow speed can degrade into laziness.

And on a balanced note.He that witholdeth the corn, the people curse him ; but blessings on the head of him that selleth it. Proverbs 11;26 King James Version.Some say grain instead of ''corn''
    If an evil empire was never corrected;
    too much disorder or TN traffic jams would result..corn ...could get to high priced, for average budget..

Not saying its wrong to get long corn;
    but they're selling it now:D

5. morganist

morganist Guest

why are we overpopulated then?

6. morganist

morganist Guest

Don't you think it is odd that as soon as all sexually transmitted diseases became curable through antibitotics another one came that was not.

As soon as syphalis and other sexually transmitted diseases could be cures aids started occurring. Why is that unless it is nature making a point?

Why was aids around before or widespread?

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ricter, have you by chance seen "The Tree of Life"?

8. Max E.

Max E.

I like this paragraph, where did you get this from?

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

"The Denial of Death" by Earnest Becker.

10. Max E.

Max E.

Is it worth watching?

#10     Jun 16, 2011