Themickey's Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by themickey, Mar 21, 2017.

1. themickey

themickey

Bought Mesoblast (MSB) on open at $2.06

#51     Jun 5, 2017
  2. themickey

themickey

Today on market open, doubled up on my existing copper positions plus the Mesoblast position.
    Sold out entirely from all telecom stock positions.

Therefore, doubled position sizes on: OZL SFR MLX MSB
    Sold CNU SDA SPK.

Portfolio continuing to grow, up 15.4% in 7 months.

Holding the following positions on ASX Exchange: ALU FLT MSB ARB MLX SFR OZL LNG

Edit: previously used code OXL, that was typo, should be OZL (Oz Minerals - copper producer)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    #52     Jun 9, 2017
  3. themickey

themickey

My previous track record was approx 16%pa.
    Using 7 months in this instance because that's how long have been retired from the workforce and finally having the chance to give this trading game a fair crack of the whip. No longer distracted by work.
    Have to say, retirement has been a God send, never felt so relaxed, the stress of work disappeared, enormous weight lifted from my shoulders.
    The last 10 years or so had been working for large multinational corporations and the pace of work had been intense.

#53     Jun 9, 2017
  4. Being retired, how much of your liquid net worth do you have on the line trading? I'm early in my career (well, hopefully not, but my contemporaries are), and I'm still risk averse to the tune of only 5% of liquid capital engaged in trading activities.

#54     Jun 9, 2017
  5. themickey

themickey

About 80% of total capital is exposed for trading. The remainder sits as cash.
    Only about 50% currently engaged on acc #1 and #2.
    About 40% engaged #3

Were there to be a major market correction, I would throw 100% of all capital into selected quality positions. Prolly be in about 25 positions. Then continue to rotate in and out as they trend.

#55     Jun 9, 2017
  6. themickey

themickey

If you are in a career, trading is quite difficult. Distractions, having free time to trade, these are huge impediments.
    My suggestion is, take your time, be methodical, there is always another day.
    Your priority should be, get your thinking and methodology right. Dont mull over profits, mull over doing trading correct.

#56     Jun 9, 2017
    TheTrue1 likes this.
  7. Yup, I've gotten good at discipline...for the most part. At least with my core strategy. Going to play with pennies for the time being while I tweak it to where I'm confident to move 5% of assets into it.

The big part of my risk management strategy involves getting profits out of that account and into my investing account.

#57     Jun 9, 2017
  8. themickey

themickey

Bought @ open further positions on ASX.
    Oil stocks: Origin Energy, Worley Parsons (oil support services) ORG, WOR
    Coal: Whitehaven WHC
    IT: Aconex ACX

Total holdings:
    ALU, ACX, FLT, MSB, ARB, MLX, SFR, OZL, LNG, ORG, WOR, WHC

#58     Jun 13, 2017
  9. themickey

themickey

Sold Mesoblast MSB again for a loss about 30 minutes ago.
    It appears that shorts have the upper hand with this stock.
    Nearly everyday on open a blast of selling drives down price so will give up on this atm.
    Price driven down below $2.00 which was support for a short while, thought it might bounce up at this level, but to no avail.

#59     Jun 19, 2017
  10. themickey

themickey

Bought into financials this morning, acc#2 only.
    Charter Hall CHC
    Challanger Group CGF
    Lend Lease LLC
    Perpetual Trustees PPT
    Didn't buy any of the major banks as the Gummint is slugging them with a new tax so until this has sorted will steer clear of them.

Therefore at this point in time holding the following positions:
    ALU, ACX, FLT, ARB, MLX, SFR, OZL, LNG, ORG, WOR, WHC, CHC, CGF, LLC, PPT

Copper has not bounced yet, so these positions have had a negative drag on portfolio.

Max trading drawdown on account has been 5.1% since when I have been actively trading from Oct last year. Acc up 10% since then as of today. Struggling to gain traction at the moment, in the doldrums re getting profits banked. The resource stocks keep falling which is where I like to concentrate on.

#60     Jun 19, 2017