"The Zurich Axioms" book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by a529612, Jan 26, 2007.

1. squall

squall

That pretty much sums it up. It's one of the best books I have read on the mindset necessary. You may have to look elsewhere to further your research into specifics...but for overall mindset...It's vital.

#11     Jun 25, 2007
    formikatrading likes this.
  2. A rare case where Surf disagrees with Vic Niederhoffer -- http://dailyspeculations.com/wordpress/?p=428 .. . "The Zurich Axioms by Max Gunther is one of the worst books ever written.. ."

#12     Jun 25, 2007
  3. I like how opinions are divided.

For those who don't like it: what can you recommend instead?

#13     Oct 26, 2013
  4. Sergio77

Sergio77

I did not like it. The best book is the one you will write in your mind after trading for several years.

#14     Oct 26, 2013
  5. panzerman

panzerman

First of all, don't buy it because you can find it for free on the web.

Axiom:
    1. a statement or proposition that is regarded as being established, accepted, or self-evidently true. 2. A premise or starting point of reasoning.

The contents are not about a specific indicator or even a trading system, but a framework, or mindset for speculators. I find it a excellent work in order to train your mind in a particular way of thinking about trading.

#15     Oct 26, 2013
  6. maybe they don't like the part where he says, "It's ok to look at charts, but when you start seeing patterns that have meaning you have gone off the deep end." (I paraphrase)

#16     Oct 26, 2013
  7. bawr

bawr

I read the book years ago and found it to be very valuable.

#17     Nov 4, 2013
    formikatrading likes this.