"The Zurich Axioms" book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by a529612, Jan 26, 2007.

1. yes, i read it and liked it.

max is a character!

surf

2. The Zurich Axioms by Max Gunther is one of the worst books ever written.

3. Not often I agree with Ripley --- but Ripley, on this one you're 100% right (what a load of crap).

4. wdscott

wdscott

Terrible book. Don't waste your money.

5. i enjoyed it a lot

quick read....seems like a fake story...but i believe had some good points

6. someone here in et recommended reading the book. I read it and was a total waste of time. On the plus side it was an easy read and didnt take too much time to finish it off. I dont recall learning a single thing from the book.

7. Is it more like a philosophy book that gets you to think more than teaching you new things? What else is in this book apart from these?

-Hope - When the ship starts to sink, don't pray, jump.

-Forecasts - Human behavior cannot be predicted, distrust anyone who claims to know the future.

-Patterns - Chaos is not dangerous until it begins to look orderly.

-Mobility - Avoid putting down roots, they impede motion.

-Intuition - A hunch can be trusted if it can be explained.

-Religon and the occult - It is unlikely that Gods plan for the universe includes making you rich. (plus God must really love poor people, afterall he made so many of them)

-Optimism and pessimism - Optimism means expecting the best, but confidence means knowing how to handle the worst.

-Consensus - Disregard the majority opinion, it is probably wrong.

-Stubbornness - If it doesn't pay off the first time, forget about it.

-Planning - Long-range plans engender the dangerous belief that the future is under control. It is important never to take your long-range plans, or others plans seriously.

8. squall

squall

What made this such a bad book? I thought it was very good.

9. #10     Jun 25, 2007