the worst trade I did recently

Discussion in 'Options' started by trader198, Mar 8, 2013.

1. is BSFT option.

I bought 22.5 call in the day of 50% haircut. I was not professional. I should wait for a bottom. when it started to tank next day. I dumped, nothing gained (initial gained 40%) and bought put 22.5 (gained 50%), wait for it break 20, late it turned around, sold with nothing gained. then forget to buy 22.5 call and watch it shoot.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not recent but this IS a true story.

I bought $12,000 worth of OTM calls on a Monday on an airline stock I had been following. By that Friday my position was only worth $2,000. Not wanting to lose it all I bailed out before the close. Seething with disgust all weekend naturally.

Monday morning, before the open, a guy named Marvin Davis announced his bid to buy out the company. The stock gaped up and by option expiration my former position would have been worth approximately $237,000 or a $225,00 profit.

3. zdreg

zdreg

i guess you are not a baseball fan. there is a lesson in here. as yogi berra,once said, it ain't over till it's over.

luck goes in circles. perhaps you have an = good luck story to tell.

4. Patricia Davis Raynes says her famous father plundered her inheritance, then died nearly broke.

Six months after oil tycoon Marvin Davis died last fall, Davis' eldest daughter, Patricia Davis Raynes, met, she says, with a family financial adviser who made an astounding claim: The Davis family fortune, estimated by FORBES at $5.8 billion in 2004, had dwindled to almost nothing. Raynes' trust was so depleted that the $125,000 monthly payouts she received would have to end. They soon did.

That didn't add up to Raynes, who claims her trust was worth $220 million in 1995. Last month Raynes, 53, filed a blistering, 169-page lawsuit alleging her father looted her trust and forged her name on trust documents to maintain control of the money after she turned 21. The suit claims that Marvin pressured her to legally sanction such changes, and when she didn't, he beat her. Raynes names her mother, Barbara, two brothers and two sisters as coconspirators. Her lawyer: power attorney David Boies.

A Davis family friend terms the entire lawsuit "preposterous" and calls the assault allegation a "vicious lie," saying Raynes has received plenty: "The Davis family trusts have paid out close to $100 million to Patty."

Raynes is a Hamptons socialite, best known for attending charity balls, competing in Long Island horse shows and spending time with friends Ricky and Kathy Hilton (Paris' parents). Her husband, Martin, is a New York real estate developer who blames Marvin for failing to bail him out when he declared bankruptcy in 1991.

Her trust was created by her grandfather, Jack Davis, in 1967. Its sole trustee was Marvin. Raynes' suit claims her father used her trust like a piggy bank, illegally borrowing millions to use as venture capital and shifting investment losses to the trust. For instance, she claims that in 1992 her father shifted 19% of losses in a stalled Santa Monica, Calif. office park to her trust.

Using other people's money has been a hallmark of Davis' empire, going back to his days as a wildcatter succeeding to his father's oil business. He shielded Davis Oil from losses by having investors assume risk for his wells. Davis financed his acquisition of Twentieth Century Fox in 1981 with bank loans and an investment from fugitive Marc Rich. He sold it in 1985.

Davis stayed in the limelight with dozens of takeover bids for the likes of CBS, United Airlines and Vivendi Universal. The Raynes suit says Davis used money from her trust to fund such "phony" takeover attempts.

The suit claims this spending ultimately forced the Davises into a cash crunch, leading Barbara to sell their home for $46 million just five months after Marvin's death. She now lives in a bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Raynes' side believes an accounting might reveal more assets. Barbara, a big beneficiary of the trusts, may have larger headaches than her daughter's money grab. If Marvin borrowed millions from Raynes' trust without returning the cash, as Raynes contends, Barbara could face a whopper of a tax bill. The IRS has a word for loans that aren't repaid: income.

Marvin RIP :D :D :D

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Nothing of that magnitude.

6. Shoulda woulda coulda is like a disease... interesting story for sure... I would have a headache after seeing that... you just can't escape human emotion completely..

7. Nanook

Nanook

$$$ for RUT... this past week. :(

$$$ for IPA... tonight! (India Pale Ale) :D