The worst person you've worked with

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Baron, Jul 27, 2011.

1. more like weird work history ...

as a kid, I landed a job based on the recommendation of a Cop who had busted me on a couple of occasions for youthful indiscretions, (pool hooping at the public pool, drinking-parties, ...)

the job was a pizza cook in a tiny Italian take-out place. It turned out that the place was owned by a guy with deep local mafia ties, Milwaukee and Chicago primarily. Cops were in and out all the time.

Well, the owner got nabbed for bribing a Wired-federal judge and sent to the joint. Shortly before he got out , my manager, Ray, a thoroughly despicable human being cleaned out the place and I found myself 18 working as an unpaid manager at this place for a few weeks before, Tony Macki, the owner got out of prison.

So, I'm flinging pizzas one day and this aged, old-school Italian dude walks in and introduces himself. He was obviously a bit irate about Ray having cleaned him out. I tell him that I haven't been paid in like a month.

The man cut me a check on the spot. My final day flinging pizzas, as the restaurant was shuttered and quickly sold.

I ran into Toni a number of years later at a pub, he may have bought me a drink, I told him more about that scumbag Ray.

#11     Jul 30, 2011
  2. Worked with a guy, on a 9 inch auger drilling rig. I assumed he knew what he was doing. I was wrong.
    Lightning storm rolls in, I said hey, this is bad, let's pull out and get the fuck out of here.
    When he realised it was too late, he goes mad on the rig, drill coupling comes loose from the masthead.
    So, I climb the masthead scaffold, with a peice of rope, and have to lassoo the fucking auger head, back to the coupling.

Torrential rain, lightning all around, and I'm 20meters in the air, on an all steel structure, soaking wet, attempting to lassoo an errant augur, weighing tonnes, back to it's comfy place, in the masthead.

But, that was almost childs play, given, the only way out of the field was a clay lake bed, which-got quite slippery, in the rain.

#12     Jul 30, 2011
  3. Eight

Eight

I worked with a guy for years. It was excruciating. We were electronics techs, he had Aspergers. His idea of a social interaction was to get control of somebody's thinking and make them afraid to touch anything in the lab, he was an introvert, it's all about the territory with those assholes and the territory was all his... his worst fear was that one of the other techs would master something, he fought that tooth and nail.

The boss was a bullying Italian moron, he used the asperger guy to torture people, he would have them get trained by the guy on something... if you asked the guy the time of day he would give you the history of timekeeping in excruciating detail but never tell you what time it was... he bragged about his iq and reading five languages but his biggest talent was for turning a ten minute task into eight hours.

Basically I regret not telling the skinny little vegan bastard off every single time I saw him...

Outside of all that he was a great guy though, no really...

#13     Jul 30, 2011
  4. more weird pizza related work history ...

the short of the long of it ...

Poor college student, hell bent on skiing for a month during winter break, assembles a group of guys, lands part time jobs at Copper Mt furnished with ski-passes. The job this poor college student lands positions him behind the pizza counter, alongside a transvestite, built like a line backer that has a thing for him....

:D

#14     Jul 30, 2011