The worst part about trading...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bungrider, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Originally posted by Rigel

LoL:D Sounds like naswhack eminies !!!

#21     Aug 9, 2002
  2. Cesko

Cesko

Did you read the article in Active Magazine about (forgot the name) trader who doesn't even have an Internet connection, doesn't subscribe to anything (does his research in library, uses proprietary software). Of course he is a position trader (on the long side only!!!) and makes a living? Actually that's how trading was done up to 10 years ago.

#22     Aug 9, 2002
  3. Up until a week ago I made my living position trading. Then a cool daytrading method was revealed to me, and I am presently working with that. It is fun to trade, and I like being flat at the end of the day. The downside is I don't get to spend as much time in the day with my children.

So no trading on Friday's! That is zoo, and jetski, and fishing, and museum, and Chucky Cheese, and fun time.:)

#23     Aug 9, 2002
  4. Lightning once struck a few meters (about 10 feet for the Yanks) from where I was standing and I swear I dropped like a $2 Market Maker. I thought a bomb had gone off! The sonic boom was insanely loud. The guy beside me didn't even flinch. He just looked down at me on the ground with a puzzled look on his face.

#24     Aug 9, 2002
  5. davidh

davidh

If you lokking for software where users can have input on new feartures give amibroker a try good value with a developer who listens to users

#25     Aug 9, 2002
  6. ChrisM

ChrisM

For me psychology. However software and data BS plays some depresing part in it too:)

#26     Aug 9, 2002
  7. Neil

Neil

I agree with you bung.. as you know.. software drives me demented too, endlessly inteferring with my attempts to trade, which is hard enough anyway.

But I live in the Lightning Village of the World! Not only software but also flashes of blue vengeange to deal with! For some reason this area, which is a massive limestone mountain in the west of ireland is stupidly appealing to electricity from the sky. We have been struck numerous times.. really. Bought a brand new pc a couple years ago.. one week later it absolutely EXPLODED right in front of us! Always hits the telephone pole and zaps down from there.. fried the insides totally..

Three modems destroyed and shortly after our isdn was installed the terminal blew up just as I settled down to start a days trading.. actually blew up.. a smoking ruin three feet away from me!

Obviously I have those lightning protector things on now, for what they are worth..

I think it must be all the damn rain we get here.. waterworld this summer... oh well.. am working on a device to harness the power and become a electricity supplier to the region... lol

Neil

#27     Aug 9, 2002
  8. Shit I have to wake up in less than 3 hours to trade....any suggerstions

#28     Aug 9, 2002
  9. The worst part is being a prop trader and being young and balancing your life with trading....

#29     Aug 9, 2002
  10. Lightningsmurf

I just plucked out my right eye and cast it out the window. But it
    freaked out both of my kids. What should I do now?... :eek:

#30     Aug 9, 2002