The worst movies you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Longhorns, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Recently Syriana. All the interesting parts were in the movie trailer. I could have just watched the TV commercials and saved myself $10.50.

#11     Feb 28, 2006
  2. How about movies that after sitting through the first 20-30 minutes, <b>absolutely nothing</b> has happened yet.

A recent bad rental in this category- "Suspect Zero". Don't rent that!

Another half hour of yawning and 'click'- "Lost Highway"

Ditto "Master and Commander", and "The Royal Tenenbaums"

Here's one where I had to sit through the whole thing because a friend drove: "As good as it gets". Ironically, the first half hour of that one wasn't bad- but then it kept going for another five or six hours... *yawn*.

Some movies are all CG special effects, with a few words and a meek semblance of a plot thrown in as an afterthought: "The Hulk".

#12     Feb 28, 2006
  3. I thought the royal tenenbaums was ok,
    it wasnt supposed to be an action movie. a huge yawn, yes.
    Theres a big difference between "setting the scene" , and padding crap to fill up the 60-90(or god forbid, more) min studio allocated length.

"Wilson..!!......Wilson!!!!...... "

#13     Feb 28, 2006
  4. Man, where do I start? Godzilla (starring Ferris Bueller), The Fantastic Four (starring a fully clothed Jessica Alba :mad: ), Star Wars Episodes I, II, and III (starring some punk kid who couldn't act in most high school plays and forever ruined my image of badass Darth Vador).

#14     Feb 28, 2006
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Ok, I didn't actually SEE it, but coming within a kilometer of a theater showing Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants was still nauseating.

#15     Feb 28, 2006
  6. jem

jem

pretty much any movie with bette midler or whoopi goldberg at least in recent memory.

you guys have left out some horrible chick flicks.

#16     Mar 1, 2006
  7. Water World was probably the worst movie I attempted to sit thru. Walked out of it a few times.

Along Came a Spider was pretty bad, some of the special fx were laughable. It almost looked like they ran out of money during filming.

The Legend of Bagger Vance was a pretty bad film, even though I've heard others say they liked it. Way too big budget, over dramatized, etc, etc.

Ghosts of Mars might make it to the top of the list though. That wasnt even an attempt to make a movie. So bad that you sit there in shock that anyone would think of distributing such a piece of garbage.

(btw, The Royal Tenenbaums, imo, is actually a pretty good flick. The first time I saw it, I thought it was really mediocre, a disappointment. Second time I saw it, I came to appreciate the humor and the style of the film. I think they made a mistake in their marketing of that film; the trailer for the film seemed to imply more of a fast paced kind of comedy, while in reality it's more of a slow paced darker comedy. Those sorts of things seem to always sabotage otherwise decent films).

#17     Mar 1, 2006
  8. hcour

hcour Guest

Where would one begin? Oh I know - Domino. Tony Scott made a couple of good action flicks - True Romance, Crimson Tide - and that's it. In Man on Fire he ruined a good story w/all kinds of fancy camera work and trick photography that added absolutely nothing to the film and was just annoying. In Domino he notches up his tricks to the nth degree and I can truly say it has to be one of the worst in the whole long sordid history of bad movies. In the extras on the dvd there's a piece called "Film on Acid: Tony Scott's Directing Style." It's an apt description alright, but it raises the obvious question: Who the fuck wants to watch a movie while tripping?

H

#18     Mar 1, 2006
  9. Oh, yeah........now were talking BAD films, WATERWORLD.

There was no unpredictable action....no good dialogue, period.........no plot, no characters, no good special effects, and none, as in NO acting whatsoever.
    Yep, that really cut the cheese in all time pungent stinker films, it REEKED in every regard.

Wasnt it also, among the most costly to produce, at the time???Why , much less how, did anyone, actually think, this had potential???
    I gather, the blame was placed on the execs and screenwriters, but thats about as lame an excuse for crappiness as the film itself.
    The weird thing is, costners original concept of the film was not much better than the shite that was puked out of the studios, so that really stinks on so many levels.

#19     Mar 1, 2006
  10. "Dude, where is my car."

Walked out after 30 minutes.

I have nobody to blame but myself.

#20     Mar 1, 2006