The world's best trader worked for Bernie Madoff

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Yes, Madoff is an idiot. Obviuosly mentally ill criminally-- nothing else explains why a successful and well connected wealthy guy would do what he did to his friends family and clients.

I am sorry you don't see the value in the article. Too bad.

Surf

#11     Jun 22, 2011
  2. olias

olias

sorry Surf, I don't see the value of the article either. I am also not an Altucher fan. He doesn't impress me in the slightest

#12     Jun 22, 2011
  3. No doubt everyone is entitled to their opinion. I personally find tremendous value, not to mention entertainment in his material. He has made and lost fortunes and talks to everyone then has the ability to convey his true feelings about these experiences. I coined the term the <b> Morrissey of Finance </b> when referring to Altucher due to his emo financial blog and huge writing talent. His emo financial blog is the first to my knowledge.

Best.
    Surf

#13     Jun 22, 2011
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Reading comprehension problems. I never said that. I had a problem with you copying HALF of the article when a huge part of the copied half was irrelevant to the topic of the trader. (It was discussing Madoff's victims, instead of the trader)

So my problem was with your editing skills, (weren't you a publisher at one point?) not with the article itself.

And no, I am not going to visit Altucher's website just to read the article. Some people might think that this whole thread is a thinly veiled attempt
    to drive traffic to that website....

And seriously, "world's best trader"? There is nothing in the article to back that claim.....

#14     Jun 22, 2011
  5. I see you never read the article, but that's ok.

Surf

#15     Jun 22, 2011
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I told you I only read what you posted here... And I thought Vic was the best trader anyway.....

#16     Jun 22, 2011
  7. powerbotz

powerbotz

#17     Jun 22, 2011
  8. Surf- Let us know when you spit his balls out of your mouth.

#18     Jun 22, 2011

9. Read the entire article, then comment. It just makes sense.

Surf

#19     Jun 22, 2011
  10. volente_00

volente_00

"Every good trader I know is infinitely humble"

But some keep missing the forest for the trees

#20     Jun 22, 2011