The World (project) has been cancelled

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Pekelo, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

http://www.independent.ie/world-new...nder-weight-of-the-credit-crunch-1884856.html

"They were designed to make Dubai the envy of the world: a series of paradise islands inhabited by celebrities and the super-rich reclaimed from the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf and shaped like a map of the Earth. It was called The World.
    Instead it has become the world's most expensive shipping hazard, guarded by private security in fast boats and ringed by warning buoys to keep the curious away.
    A development that was meant to send Dubai's star into the firmament of First World cities has been left to the mercy of the waves and the baking winds."

[​IMG]

From someone who has been to Dubai:

"I went to Dubai this summer, and trust me the newspapers arent lying. Felt like a POS Simcity that borrowed too much ,and now cant even get basic amenities functioning for its citizens. The power would go out 2 or 3 times/ day, and its hot as fuck there! The malls, streets, hotels were deserted, and hundreds of cranes litter the skyline, sitting pretty doing nothing. Dubai is fucked! Serves them right, cause the locals are arrogant racists."

Another opinion:

"I saw a documentary about Dubai a while back (pre recession). Apparently the prince brought his plans to a Wall Street analyst firm, and they told him it "wasn't financially viable." So he fired them and found some yes-men analysts somewhere else."

2. I had sent a business proposal to Nakheel, developers of World project, but they rejected my business proposal. Now the whole world project is destroyed.

3. logikos

logikos

I am sooo bummed about this.

:D

4. Lethn

Lethn

lol it's about time rich jerks got themselves into debt like the rest of us.