The World Is Overdue For A Currency Crisis: Jim Rogers

Discussion in 'Economics' started by observer67, Dec 11, 2009.

1. I'm even more surprised that he didn't call Kudlow an outright moron, which he is. Oh wait, I forgot that status is already reserved for Cramer.

#11     Dec 11, 2009
  2. Agree.He almost did Kudlow justice.

#12     Dec 11, 2009
  3. #13     Dec 11, 2009
  4. pspr

pspr

Aren't they the same person but wearing a clown costume when he plays Cramer? :D

#14     Dec 11, 2009
  5. The economy is so weak that anything may trigger another panic, and a flight to quality, and this means US T-Bonds (in USD, of course).

#15     Dec 11, 2009
  6. You are correct, however, it is amazing to me that the US dollar can go up in value despite the vast quantity of paper money the Fed has printed this year.

http://www.chartingstocks.net/2009/03/chart-of-the-us-money-supply-1917-2009/

Unfortunately, the rise in value of the US dollar only encourages the Fed to print even more dollars. As a result, when the dollar does crash again, it will be even that more dramatic.

I consider this a Christmas present that will allow people to buy gold and silver at even lower prices.

#16     Dec 11, 2009
  7. #17     Dec 11, 2009
  8. You are so damned right, couldn't have expressed this better. Gold bears who are grinning this week are not able to see the forest from the trees. Oh well, our gain.

#18     Dec 11, 2009
  9. I emailed Rogers a few times and got a response back within 24 hours each time.

To me that tells a lot.:)

#19     Dec 12, 2009
  10. Yes, but remember this freshly printed money just got into the bank balance sheets, without getting into circulation in the real economy.

I doubt that this printed money will get into the economy anytime soon:

Banks aren't lending, and they are right.
    If I owned or managed a bank I would be very cautious lending into this weak economy, with households so heavily indebted.
    I would only buy existing debt cheap (only good or fair debt).

#20     Dec 12, 2009