The Wolfe of Wall Street

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maverick74, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

http://www.zimbio.com/Leonardo+DiCaprio/articles/Z00RHfYSTHZ/Marty+Leo+Reunite+Wolf+Wall+Street

Of course Leo and Scorsese.

[​IMG]

Marty and Leo Reunite For The Wolf Of Wall Street
    Email
    Written by original_sharp on Feb-17-11 12:21pm

They make beautiful movies together and classy ones at that. So they’ve reunited for what will be a fifth collaboration on a period drama. Okay, a film set in the 1990s. St. Martin Scorsese patron saint of cinema will teaming up with Leonardo DiCaprio for The Wolf of Wall Street.

If you’re thinking it’s a horror film about a lycanthrope – think again. It’s a drama about the goings-on of Wall Street traders in the heady days of the 1990s. Think American Psycho without the psycho. Interestingly, readers may recall Leo DiCaprio almost muscled Christian Bale out of the role of Patrick Bateman in that movie, but director Mary Harron threatened to walk. So now DiCaprio gets his chance at playing a twatty Wall Street type.

For a long time Ridley Scott was attached to direct but he’s made way for Scorsese, who initially passed on directing. The film is based on the memoir of Jordan Belfort, who said of the pair’s involvement:

“After almost four years in development, I can’t begin to tell you how thrilled I am to finally be working with Leo and Marty on this. They’re the ultimate dream team, and it was definitely worth the wait.”

The script has been bashed out by Terry Winter, who worked with St. Martin on Boardwalk Empire. Sounds like this could be one helluva movie!

2. Very Boiler Room'ish, should make for good cinema.

In my opinion, anything DiCaprio/Scorsese is gold - this will undoubtedly be good and will be first in line to see it.