the wolf-pak method

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wolf-pak, Mar 26, 2009.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

feel free to contribute, I stand correct.

#41     Mar 27, 2009
  2. wolf-pak

wolf-pak

Picture is attached.

I drew the mean lines for the pullbacks.

I'm not going to get into the trend reversals right now
    , just the pullbacks.

Look for the extreme, the mean, first move, test, and second move.

I will take questions that are on topic. The PB's are numbered so that we can communicate easier.

#42     Mar 28, 2009
  3. Pls.continue.

#43     Mar 28, 2009
  4. This is mathematically false. Just do a study on autocorrelation at different lags. Since most stock price series (and I'm not talking about returns) exhibit a short term trend, if you don't difference, your chart of autocovariances hint of a trend, pre-differencing. It's stuff like this that made them come up with ARIMA models.

#44     Mar 28, 2009
  5. wolf-pak

wolf-pak

See attached.

I added the enter and exit points. Notice that for pullbacks, the first exit should always be at the previous high low ie... new extreme in trend direction.

After this a trailing stop can be put in, or it can be watched for price action exit. I will cover that later.

With the first exit being the extreme in trend direction, I don't want to take any potential trades that don't give enough reward. The reward must always be greater than the risk and should be several times it.

For now we are focused on entry.

Notice that the extreme is never the same level as the mean. The mean must form above the extreme in the case of an uptrend. This means that we already have at least one higher low. By the second move, we have at least one higher high.

I have not delved into the 100 tick chart yet. We will examine every possible entry using the wolf-pak method in both time frames.

Right now, we are only examining the pullback entries that actually worked, which would be recognized by the wolf-pak method. We will get to the ones that didn't work, as well as the reversals, etc.

Finally, we will give general rules for avoiding entries that result in failure.

#45     Mar 29, 2009
  6. This method is so old it may actually have been around when the original German wolfpack were operating

#46     Mar 29, 2009
  7. So no more than your sheep-pack yabber about old Dow Theory. Sweet. LOL.:D

#47     Mar 29, 2009
  8. Another alias that doesn't live up to its promises.

#48     Mar 29, 2009
  9. dve250

dve250

You think you're saying something so special here that only a few people can understand it? All you're saying is...Past performance doesn't guarantee future results. That was brilliant and you deserve the award for the best post on ET for sure, as you're multiple aliases have suggested. You are one truly stupid mother fucker.

#49     Mar 29, 2009
  10. for some people here on ET it is just hard to understand
    that people who like to help others realy do exist, this
    thread is another proof of it.
    he is not bragging about his gains or making silly
    statements; he is not showing of with fake photoshopped
    6-7 figure account

exactly this is what makes me sad everytime everytime
    i visit ET

i realy hope you will continue posting wolf-pak as i
    am sure many will show interest

#50     Mar 29, 2009