the wolf-pak method

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wolf-pak, Mar 26, 2009.

1. jim c

jim c

How bout this question to start? Also what time frame do you generally use? jim

#31     Mar 26, 2009
  2. Well that's fine but it isn't your method, it was developed ages ago and calling it the Wolf-pak method is just plain ignorant

#32     Mar 26, 2009
  3. wolf-pak

wolf-pak

Jim,

A timeframe that is too small might be less than 25 ticks, or less than 300 contracts for volume bars, or less than 8 seconds for time bars. These are just too small. You'll understand as I post more charts.

I personally use tick bars. I look at the 100 and 250 tick bars.

I only look at the 100 tick bar when I need to find out what happened in a specific bar that the 250 tick bar doesn't show...

for example, a doji bar on the 250 tick. Did it hit the high or the low first? Can't tell unless I remember watching it form, or unless I dive into a lower timeframe. Also bars that have long sticks (coming out of the body) need to be checked. Also, big range bars that reverse on the next bar need to be checked.

But mostly I am using the 250 tick on ES. This fits the speed at which I am comfortable trading, as well as the risk and target parameters.

As for the other question. I will post charts showing how this method works at all reversals (that are big enough) in one timeframe or another.

Remember, what I am showing you happened in the past, so I can easily point out the extreme, the mean, the first move, the test, and the second move.

The skill comes in being able to define these as they occurr. The method gives a clue as to what to look for, and a framework to use.

#33     Mar 26, 2009
  4. wolf-pak

wolf-pak

Some might ask, why go about it like this.

Answer:

If you want to buy breakouts, you need to study breakouts, and see which ones work and why...

If you want to buy pullbacks, you need to study pullbacks and see what causes them to stop pulling back and start moving with the trend.

If you want to buy into a reversal, you need to study them as well...

I have studied pullbacks and reversals, and these are the common traits I have found that indicate they are ready to reverse for good.

#34     Mar 26, 2009
  5. GS19

GS19

How can I make a living just posting to ET?

#35     Mar 26, 2009
  6. wolf-pak

wolf-pak

I will not cherry pick the chart or the day to illustrate the method. So I will annotate tomorrows chart after the close and post the pictures here.

Because reading price action from the chart is difficult, I will introduce the wolf-pak method in phases.

Phase 1: entering on a pullback of the trend

added to ignore list: GS19

#36     Mar 27, 2009
  7. bighog

bighog Guest

#37     Mar 27, 2009
    #38     Mar 27, 2009
  9. Schaefer

Schaefer

Looking forward to it, thanks for your time and energy.

Schaefer

#39     Mar 27, 2009
  10. Well that REALLY takes the fecking biscuit! Allowing 'Callmate' and 'Tums' to become moderators to delete any questioner of their Guru. A thread that's been moved to chit-chat is still 'protected' by a 'moderator' to prevent the pointing out of a lie by the Guru in question.This whole board should be blown up.It's riddled with multiple-aliases,many of whom share the same agenda.It's a zero-sum game.If there was an answer to trading it would become state controlled and everybody's fun would end. The trouble is the psychologically flawed people who come to these sites are ripe for indoctrination by a psychological manipulator with an agenda.'Baron' thinks he's making money from the process but the logical conclusion is dilution to nothing.No transfer of wealth from the stupid.Decay and stagnation.

#40     Mar 27, 2009