the WINE list

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by killthesunshine, Oct 13, 2009.

1. #51     Jul 2, 2011
  2. jnbadger

jnbadger

I'm a tad biased since I'm a cheese head, but for an inexpensive midwestern wine, this stuff is fantastic.

http://www.wollersheim.com/prairie_fume.asp

Yes, the winery is in Wisconsin, lol, but the wine maker is from France and has been making wine since he was a little punk.

#52     Jul 4, 2011
  3. Or hit up some nice Pinot Noirs from Willamette Valley, Russian River Valley, or Carneros.

#53     Jul 4, 2011
  4. nursebee

nursebee

I like my wines (and meads). I grow my own grapes and fruit, also buy kits and juices, do a little mixing and matching. Currently enjoying Petit Syrah from kit, elderberry mead, and a nice red made with Cynthiana grapes. Even with the kits or juices, I am hard pressed to have over $4 a bottle invested.

#54     Jul 5, 2011
  5. fuzzzy

fuzzzy

We haven't had a bad wine from Dry Creek Vineyard (red or white), anywhere from $13-30/bottle here. And most wines from the Dry Creek or Russian River Valley are pretty tastey. We also are enjoying Spanish Tempranillo from Jumilla (a nice light red, good for summer). Big reds from Chili/Argentina and Italy are also some of our favorites.

I do need to find more wines from Paso Robles and start getting to knows those. :)

#55     Jul 5, 2011
  6. as678

as678

Step up from two buck chuck in the college era! Yellow Tail tastes all right and it does the trick! :D

#56     Jul 5, 2011
  7. Had no idea it's this cheap to make. Where do you buy your kits?

Wine lover here I drink ~30 bottles/month

#57     Jul 6, 2011
  8. Either you get shitfaced every night or you have a damn good tolerance built up!

#58     Jul 6, 2011
  9. Just bought a bottle of Plowbuster 2008 Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley ($24). High alc content, but not worth $24 in my opinion. Just an OK wine from this great region.

#59     Jul 6, 2011
  10. nursebee

nursebee

hey macho grande,
    1. Start with any homebrew shop, some prices might go higher than 4 but not by much.
    2. Buy juice direct. I like this outfit: http://www.walkersfruitbasket.com/Pail Prices.html Each pail is 5 gallons and will make 25 bottles. The pails come with yeast and directions, just need an airlock and a stopper.

#60     Jul 6, 2011