the WINE list

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by killthesunshine, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Boss302

Boss302

#31     Oct 15, 2009
  2. Spain makes some very good wines and since it doesn't have the cache of California or France, there are some very nice deals to be found. It may just be ME, but ~$12,000 for a California cult Cabernet just seems, well, superfluous :)

Here is a reco for an inexpensive but very nice red Spanish wine IMO

http://www.klwines.com/images/skus/1030077x.jpg

#32     Oct 15, 2009
  3. As a teen, I took a liking to Mad Dog 20/20

Not so much anymore..

[​IMG]

Ahhh the fun times.. :cool:

#33     Oct 15, 2009
  4. is mad dog 100% wine? do you know by any chance

#34     Oct 15, 2009
  5. #35     Oct 15, 2009
  6. Wow, MD 20/20....one of thee WORST hangover creators of all time :D

#36     Oct 15, 2009
  7. This one taste very good to me. Folonari Pinot Noir, Delle Venezie. It cost $7.99 for the bottle. But I do not know too much about wine, but I like it! :)

#37     Oct 15, 2009
  8. All that matters is if YOU like it. :)

#38     Oct 15, 2009
  9. Boss302

Boss302

Interesting you mention Spain because I have had some good Spanish wines but I figured it was due to my somewhat limited experience. Have you ever joined a wine club (mailorder)? My favorite wine store changed owners and the new people sadly ran it out of business. I used to love going in that place.

#39     Oct 16, 2009
  10. I haven't joined a mailing club as of yet, even though I definitely have several "go to" wines that I really enjoy. I'm still really trying new ones all the time. There are just so many out there that it would take years and years to experience the whole lot.

As far as stores go there is a wine warehouse type place where I live, essentially its the size of a medium-sized grocery store with aisles and aisles of different regions, varietals basically everything you would want. So I usually go in twice a month and pick up 10 or so new wines, maybe a couple of the ones I know I like. Yes, I do get some duds but that's the price for trying new things. Fortunately though, I do find some really solid ones that I add to my list.

#40     Oct 16, 2009