The Wicked Hate the Word of God

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jul 20, 2009.

1. In general, evolution is not a faith or a religion. Rather, it is the best explanation for the evidence that we have regarding the history of life on this planet.

#51     Jul 21, 2009
  2. Actually, the God of the Bible is rather cruel to children. Kids who laugh a bald prophets get torn into bits by bears, and Jehovah commands the murder of men, women, and children whose only crime is that they happen not to be Israelites.

Although I am far from perfect as a parent, I am a MUCH better father to my own children than God to God's children.

#52     Jul 21, 2009
  3. dcvtss

dcvtss

That wasn't very Christian of you to call me an idiot. As to your point, yes I do think it is worth a read, if only because so many others do and it gives me insights into their motivations and I have probably read more of it than some so-called "religious" people. That's how I make an informed opinion of something, I read it for myself and come to my own conclusions based on the innate gift of reason. Imagine the possibilities if you could do the same?

#53     Jul 21, 2009
  4. fhl

fhl

whoops, looks like the definition of science has 'evolved' again.

:D :D :D

#54     Jul 21, 2009
  5. Eight

Eight

Gays.... yes... we must accept gays... why, I'm asking? The Democrats had their sexual revolution in the 60's and 70's so all these people went really wild [and still are] fucking each other in their hairy stinking assholes, the result was AIDS and every hemophiliac in the West died, tens of thousands of them. They died a horrific death where their bodies rotted while they were still alive. I guess that didn't get on the TV news..... So did a lot of queers, I knew some, they rotted to death.. so why would we accept queers when their acts destroyed so many people?

#55     Jul 21, 2009
  6. Surprise! I don't know if God has a Facebook account, but there's a certain radical French bishop who's been on the Internet, and the Internet only, since the Pope (with assistance from a right-wing Cardinal in France) sent him off to be Bishop of Partenia, a diocese somewhere in the sands of north Africa....

Partenia

As a somewhat, sort of, lapsed Catholic, I confess to getting an old-timey nostalgic feeling for roasting chestnuts on an open fire whenever I see the heretics getting a bit rambunctious.
    Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition...

Seriously, there are a few people who truly believe in Christian charity and justice. Not many. In my experience, they are very few and very far between. Obviously, the folks you're arguing with are somewhat misguided on this subject. In my opinion only, as it is a core doctrine of Catholicism that no one can know the true state of anyone else's soul.

As for that young lady in the video, I'd do her. She seems...enthusiastic.

#56     Jul 21, 2009
  7. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. [Matthew 5:9] Resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. [Matthew 5:39] I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despite-fully use you, and persecute you; [Matthew 5:44]

If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to cast a stone at her. [John 8:7] Do not judge, lest you too be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to
    you. [Matthew 7:1 & 2.]

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. [Matthew 5:6] Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy [Matthew 5:7] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. [Matthew 6:15]

In the temple courts [Jesus] found men selling cattle, sheep and doves and other sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. [John 2:14 & 15.] Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. [Luke 12.15.] Truly, I say unto you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 19:23] You cannot serve both God and Money. [Matthew 6:24.]

Love your neighbor as yourself. .[Matthew 22:39] So in everything, do to others as you would have them do to you.
    [Matthew 7:12.] If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. [Matthew 19:21]

But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just. [Luke 14:13 &14.]

And when thou pray, thou shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou pray, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret…
    [Matthew 6:6 & 7]

How many Christians do we know live by these tenets 100%? Judging by their comments, I have yet to see any self-proclaimed Christian on this thread that seems to me to live by the words above.

I just see anger, hatred, and bigotry from our resident Christians. No forgiveness, no prayer for other's salvation, no humility. Just righteous hypocritical rage.

How very un-Jesuslike.

#57     Jul 21, 2009
  8. these people would be better off if they followed the bibles instructions. keep your superstitions to yourselves:
    Matthew 6:6
    New International Version (©1984)
    But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
    New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    "But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

International Standard Version (©2008)
    But whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father who is hidden. And your Father who sees from the hidden place will reward you.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    When you pray, go to your room and close the door. Pray privately to your Father who is with you. Your Father sees what you do in private. He will reward you.

King James Bible
    But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

American King James Version
    But you, when you pray, enter into your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father which is in secret; and your Father which sees in secret shall reward you openly.

American Standard Version
    But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thine inner chamber, and having shut thy door, pray to thy Father who is in secret, and thy Father who seeth in secret shall recompense thee.

Bible in Basic English
    But when you make your prayer, go into your private room, and, shutting the door, say a prayer to your Father in secret, and your Father, who sees in secret, will give you your reward.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    But thou when thou shalt pray, enter into thy chamber, and having shut the door, pray to thy Father in secret: and thy Father who seeth in secret will repay thee.

Darby Bible Translation
    But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy chamber, and having shut thy door, pray to thy Father who is in secret, and thy Father who sees in secret will render it to thee.

English Revised Version
    But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thine inner chamber, and having shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret, and thy Father which seeth in secret shall recompense thee.

Webster's Bible Translation
    But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father who is in secret, and thy Father who seeth in secret, will reward thee openly.

Weymouth New Testament
    But you, whenever you pray, go into your own room and shut the door: then pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father--He who sees in secret--will recompense you.

World English Bible
    But you, when you pray, enter into your inner room, and having shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

Young's Literal Translation
    But thou, when thou mayest pray, go into thy chamber, and having shut thy door, pray to thy Father who is in secret, and thy Father who is seeing in secret, shall reward thee manifestly.

#58     Jul 21, 2009
  9. ???

Do you have a better explanation?

#59     Jul 21, 2009
  10. Do you have ANY evidence for your mean spirited claim that AIDS was started by homosexual behavior?

#60     Jul 21, 2009