The Wicked Hate the Word of God

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Nope...does not work like that.

#21     Jul 21, 2009
  2. he probably does but its invisible. you have to believe in it before it is visible.

#22     Jul 21, 2009
  3. You could also go for one of those new religions like secular darwinism. I hear thats the "cool" thing to be nowadays. In that religion there is no real restriction on what you can do or believe because there is no god to answer to. You can basically be as immorral as you want and if anyone confronts you on it, you can just scream how intolerant that person is, because in your new secular society, tolerance is the high moral ground. (Although exceptions can be made if the majority of people in your faith agree not to tolerate it, like say beastiality or child molestation, but if they ever do get accepted as the norm, you have to accept it too or risk getting called a bigot)

There are some things you HAVE to believe or you get kicked out of the club. You have to believe...
    1) you came from a monkey
    2) all life on the planet evolved from sludge
    3) the big bang. (you may have forget basic math for this one as you have to believe there was nothing, and then there was something so you must believe 0+0=1)
    4) you have to believe that EVERYONE that doesnt agree with your faith in evolution is an idiot or just plain delusional. It doesnt matter if you are a 14 year old kid who is a high school drop out...if someone believes in God, it doesnt matter how many years of higher education they have, then you have to think of them as an idiot and that you are smarter than them for "figuring it all out on your own"

Failure to comply with any of these will result in you not only getting kicked out of the club, but laughed at by your peers.

#23     Jul 21, 2009
  4. Only one word: Tampa

IF that guy tried to pull that shit on Sunset or Robertson or 3rd street or Colorado he would be beat down so fast even the Paparazzi would be kicking his ass.

#24     Jul 21, 2009

5. you are out of touch with even many in your own religion:
    "Actually, I find no conflict here, and neither apparently do the 40 percent of working scientists who claim to be believers. Yes, evolution by descent from a common ancestor is clearly true. If there was any lingering doubt about the evidence from the fossil record, the study of DNA provides the strongest possible proof of our relatedness to all other living things." By Dr. Francis Collins
    Special to CNN Editor's note: Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., is the director of the Human Genome Project. His most recent book is "The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief." http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/03/collins.commentary/index.html
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.butler.edu/clergyproject/Christian_Clergy/ChrClergyLtr.htm
    We believe that the theory of evolution is a foundational scientific truth, one that has stood up to rigorous scrutiny and upon which much of human knowledge and achievement rests. To reject this truth or to treat it as “one theory among others” is to deliberately embrace scientific ignorance and transmit such ignorance to our children.
    The Clergy Letters
    Christian Clergy Letter
    (11,941 signatures as of 7/20/09)

#25     Jul 21, 2009
  6. Ah... the old "without god everyone would be immoral" argument.

I don't know about you, but I don't need a god to tell me that bestiality and molestation are wrong. My morality does not need to hinge on religion.

Think about it... do you not practice bestiality or molestation only because of fear of god's wrath, or is there something you feel inherently wrong about it? If it's only because of god, then you're keeping a sick desire in check because you want to go to heaven and avoid hell.

I don't need a reward (heaven) or punishment (hell) to know what's right or wrong.

And just because someone is not religious does not make them immoral.

#26     Jul 21, 2009
  7. People used to feel something inherently wrong with homosexuality too. They got over that the last few decades though didnt they?

Now you see men cutting off their penises to become women and nobody in secular society sees anything wrong with it.

#27     Jul 21, 2009
  8. http://www.makingthemodernworld.org.uk/stories/defiant_modernism/01.ST.02/?scene=6&tv=true

"Even the DNA of plants is similar to that of humans. We share 60% of our DNA with a banana."

So i guess we humans are 60% banana. I mean by showing that we are 60% related to bananas means we evolved from bananas right? A banana fell to the ground one day and grew a monkey which gave birth to humans, right? (over millions of years of course...) It makes sense because bananas are a monkeys favorite food!

Because we are made up of the same materials indicates a common creator. thats all.

#28     Jul 21, 2009
  9. is your mind fixated on homosexuality? christians sometimes have a problem with thought suppression. the more they try to block out some thoughts because they have been taught its evil the more they keep coming back. i think that is why you see so many high profile preachers getting swept up in questionable practices.

http://www.spring.org.uk/2009/05/why-thought-suppression-is-counter-productive.php

Why Thought Suppression is Counter-Productive
    How pushing a thought out of consciousness can bring it back with a vengeance.

#29     Jul 21, 2009
  10. have you ever even tried to educate yourself on this subject?

#30     Jul 21, 2009