The Wicked Hate the Word of God

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jul 20, 2009.

1. stu

stu

..right so what was that?
    Inferiority Complexes and Low Esteem 101 for Dummies?
    What's on the back cover ...
    • 'Can't influence people or get along with folk in general? Is it that excessively hypocritical pious and condescendingly sanctimonious attitude making you unpopular?
      Then just shout "Jesus" at them, create another self-righteous reason for the world to hate you. '

#11     Jul 21, 2009
  2. What i find interesting is this deep resentment for the preachers just speaking about what the bible says. Now imagine they were not Christians. Imagine they were standing there talking about hindu gods or greek gods and telling people that those gods would judge them. I am sure that every single one of them would not have got as upset and only smiled and laughed. But there is something in the bible that just irks the wicked to a point that they go nearly insane.

I wonder what the girl was saying to the police in that video. "These guys are preaching the word of God! You have to stop them now, Officer!"

#12     Jul 21, 2009
  3. The way to deal with superstition is not to be polite to it, but to tackle it with all arms, and so rout it, cripple it, and make it forever infamous and ridiculous. Henry Louis Mencken

#13     Jul 21, 2009
  4. fhl

fhl

Yeah, you've done a great job of that. lol. Now, only eighty plus percent of Americans believe in God. And the other, more "enlightened" bunch, know that they can sin aaaaaall they want, and not to worry about a thing. :D

#14     Jul 21, 2009
  5. I'm shopping for a religion. After all, why should I automatically abide by the one I was born into? Shouldn't I have a choice?

That said, anyone want to convince me that their god is the "real" or "best" god? I really can use some help here.

Islam is out of the question - too much work with all that bowing to the east 3-4 times a day. I have a sciatic nerve running down my leg and I don't need to aggravate it.

So I think it should be a choice between Jesus (christianity) - Moses (Judaism) - or Buddha (Buddhism).

Outdated/Ancient religions are not out of the question either. Afetr all, many are older than the above religions and I guess it would make more sense tha the older a religion is, the more likely it is legitimate?

Two cents anyone?

#15     Jul 21, 2009
  6. it takes time to overcome generations of superstitious indoctrination but education and enlightenment are winning out slowly but surely:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/06/u...1e996b11&ei=5094&partner=homepage&oref=slogin

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/03/09/us.religion.less.christian/

(CNN) -- America is a less Christian nation than it was 20 years ago, and Christianity is not losing out to other religions, but primarily to a rejection of religion altogether, a survey published Monday found.

#16     Jul 21, 2009
  7. pick christianity. it is the easiest. all you have to do is say i believe in a talking snake and you get a free pass to eternity where streets are paved in gold and it party time forever.
    you can be a selfish asshole your whole life and it makes no difference, you are in if you just believe.
    christianity is the best system. you go to church on sunday and listen to some preacher say just believe, drink this glass of grape juice, eat this imitation piece of bread, throw a couple bucks in the offering plate and you are done with plenty of time to be home to watch the football game on tv.

#17     Jul 21, 2009
  8. You know what? I was thinking the same thing. But there are quite a few to choose from. Catholicism - too stringent, too many saints to keep track of - long ceremonies of standing up, sitting down, and kneeling.... Though Catholic girls are hot. Baptists - ever watch those televangelists? Nuf said, hell no. Too redneckish for me.

I'm leaning toward being an Episcopalian. They are by far the most powerful and wealthiest of the christians in America. I read somehwere that they outnumber most religions on the board of directors of many transnational corporations. Could be a great career booster too.

#18     Jul 21, 2009
  9. Hilarious post. Sciatic nerve.....haha classic.

#19     Jul 21, 2009
  10. Sounds good! How do I sign up? Does God have a facebook account?

#20     Jul 21, 2009