the why behind the illinois college shooting

Discussion in 'Politics' started by thesharpone, Feb 15, 2008.

1. That's really all I needed to read, thanks. And what would be the latest fashion item in school, a pair of six-shooters strapped to your belt just like in the old West? Or would that be too retro? America has such unbelievable potential, and yet it continues to sabotage itself at just about every turn.

#51     Feb 16, 2008
  2. A very thoughtful and considered post.

As an aside, were the students who died in the various massacres in the last several years killed primarily with legally registered weapons or illegal weapons?

#52     Feb 16, 2008
  3. "We the sheeple...."

#53     Feb 16, 2008
  4. wonder why they built a high school shaped like a pistol?

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-4620362334534769635&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

#54     Feb 16, 2008
  5. Wow, now I see why you so bored at your University.:eek:

#55     Feb 16, 2008
  6. DerekD

DerekD

The last two (this one and the incident where the shooter was Asian) were legally acquired. However, in both instances, they were mentally evaluated by a doctor as having some sort of psychological/psychiatric condition. Technically, at the time that you acquire a firearm license, depending on jurisdiction, you'd be barred from ownership. Going forward, I believe there needs to be cooperation between the mental health profession and law enforcement to confiscate firearms from such individuals the moment they are evaluated as having a psychological disorder.

Side effect of that might be that those who need mental help might not seek it for fear of losing their right to bear arms and having their firearms confiscated.

#56     Feb 16, 2008
  7. DerekD

DerekD

Alexis I,

If you understand European surnames and the derivation, you're going to need a bit more than that. You of course might be satisfied as it feeds into your conspiracy theories and unabashed and hatred.

I noticed a lot of Islamic sites jumped on this surname game surrounding Kazmierczak. Plus what you posted I saw on a few Islamic websites.

Is it that you're a muslim or is it the "enemy of my enemy, he is my friend" sort of thing going on?

#57     Feb 16, 2008
  8. There's the rub. And with every government agency complaining about budgetary constraints, what do you think are the chances of people slipping through the cracks: good or excellent?

#58     Feb 16, 2008
  9. DerekD

DerekD

Good to excellent. Unless of course, the government and individuals tasked with enforcement can be held liable for failing to enforce its own law.

#59     Feb 16, 2008
  10. The why? Easy! After reading about the guy he was obviously nuts. No amount of gun control will stop a nut. They'll find a way. Sympathies to the victims of the nut. End of story!

#60     Feb 17, 2008