the why behind the illinois college shooting

Discussion in 'Politics' started by thesharpone, Feb 15, 2008.

1. There is nothing wrong with him being Christian. What is wrong is him trying to align himself and his disturbed ideas with Christianty. The first thing sick people seek is backup for their sick views. Religion provides them with such backup because it is so open to interpretation, it could be tailored to fit their sickness.

Most of this world's tragedies happened because of centers of power tailoring religion to fit their sick agenda.

#11     Feb 15, 2008
  2. no, religion is what God has tailored to fit the sick but powerful

#12     Feb 15, 2008
  3. Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions

Blaise Pascal

#13     Feb 15, 2008
  4. I agree with you sharpone.

Motive won't make one iota of difference to prevent the next one.

#14     Feb 15, 2008
  5. You could make a profile, but profiles of past and present will reveal, there is nothing upstairs.

#15     Feb 15, 2008
  6. maybe he believed the 'heaven' rhetoric he's been exposed to all his life thinking what do i have to losse and everything to gain :D

religiondoes not teach reverence for life, on the contrary it cheapens life .. afterall what is life but an intermediary existence till true fullfillment :D

ya, i am sooo sure :p

#16     Feb 15, 2008
  7. You apparently haven't had your first 9 - 5 job yet. When I was in school it was beer, rock n' roll & women, when I wasn't studying. Some of the best years of my life.

Loosen up man and get laid fast.

#17     Feb 15, 2008
  8. I think that the Second Amendment served its purpose well during the frontier days. However, the perpetuation of the Second Amendment will likely ensure the perpetuation of those frontier days. Please don't subscribe to the Bush Doctrine: "If it isn't working, then keep doing it."

As an aside, the Second Amendment reads as follows:

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Do you really believe that most of the civilians who bear arms today, legally or otherwise, do so to ensure a free State?! It seems to me that the concept has been bastardized to suit different purposes. (Sounds a lot like religion doesn't it?)

#18     Feb 15, 2008
  9. Frankly, I don't care if the second amendment reads "hot dog with relish" We love our guns. So what!

How many gun deaths are NRA card carrying members? I'm sure they are considerably less than those without.

Maybe we ought to sign up a few peeps from the hood to learn how to use guns. Wouldn't be so many accidents.

#19     Feb 15, 2008
  10. the answer lies in the psychology behind gun ownership..

why do you love your gun so much?

#20     Feb 15, 2008