The whore at PIMCO

Discussion in 'Economics' started by convexxx, Oct 25, 2006.

1. convexxx

convexxx

"PIMCO'S GROSS SAYS THE FED WILL CUT IN MARCH AND SEES THE FED LOWERING RATES TO 4 - 4.25% IN 12 MONTHS"

Sorry for the caps, it's a cut and paste from a news service. I'd bet a year's salary he was long Euro when being quoted.

2. Arnie

Arnie

Yea, I couldn't believe the bs parade CNBC put on with all those bond bulls, not just Gross. I was throwing stuff at the tee vee. Then I shorted bonds.:D

3. What ever happened to those "bond market is gonna crash" people from a few years ago? The 10 year was at 4.50% when the Fed began bringing up the fed funds rate, now the 10 year is at 4.75%. I miss those people and the Weimar fans.

4. You mean, PIMPCO.

5. what a genius.

one look at fed funds futures or eurodollars shows that the mkt is anticipating 1 or 2 steps of lowering in
    FF, i.e. 25 or 50 bps

probability for 25 bps > 90%
    and some 50% for another 25 bps
    in early 08.

6. phoenix3

phoenix3

Buy bonds. Buy stocks. Buy somethin!

7. I suspect Bill Gross may have ties to similar Republican (ASSet Management ) camps that spin the reallity that Mr Mark Foley speaks to.... there are no absolutes...believe in this..... perception is reality my friend.....vote GOP...buy a new Car...

8. convexxx my brutha.... please PM me with current email addy. Thanks man. Congrats on XX, hope all goes well. My best to S&G.

9. Actually, he's long his own floating rate products. + 75K PFN since last year current market value about 1.4 million. Hasn't sold out of it yet.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=PFN

10. NTB

NTB

The guy is a billionaire, I doubt he cares much about his $1.4 Million position. He is the best bond trader in the world proven over 20+ years. He's not a flash in the pan.

#10     Nov 4, 2006