The whole world should learn

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sameeh55, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

:confused:

You're not saying that with a lisp are you?

#11     Feb 5, 2011
  2. Oh I forgot, a racist, HOMOPHOBE rightwing.

#12     Feb 5, 2011
  3. Hmm, what enemies? Name one.

#13     Feb 5, 2011

4. israel

#14     Feb 5, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Imagine for a moment the greatest minds of all time considering what you've written here, and the kind of person who would write it.

See what I mean?

You are beneath comtempt.

#15     Feb 5, 2011
  6. You have to give it to a_person, he is trying his hardest.

#16     Feb 5, 2011
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

How would you ever know what any educated man would think of his post? How?

You have no intellectual basis for evaluating *anything*. Your primitive wetware is only capable of ignorant value judgements.

You are a philistine in the original sense of the word. Fit only for standing around "guarding" people only slightly below you on the evolutionary scale. Phhht!

#17     Feb 5, 2011
  8. Huh? Where have you been for the last 30 years. Haven't you heard of the Camp David accords and peace treaty between Egypt in Israel (in which Egypt got the entire Sinai back and a huge amount of american aid on top). Israel and Egypt are not enemies, scum like you want them to be but they are not. You are not saying that the Egyptian people are enemies of Israel, are you?

#18     Feb 5, 2011
  9. They'd see that I've written the truth...not politically correct truth that your ignorant dumb self-righteous ilk is so obsessed with but real hard truth. They'd see that I have not written "oh they are picking up garbage, it's so touching so romantic so patriotic that I am going to cry" uber-liberal nonsense but the fact that they should have been picking up garbage and washing [all] their streets for the last millennium, that their today's enthusiasm and patriotism, sincere as it may be will wane sooner than they can spell Mubarak, and that's regardless of whether he stays or goes.

They'd see as I do that their lousy lot in life will not improve whether they win this battle or lose it, whether these bureaucrats stay or are replaced with a new bunch of equally corrupt bureaucrats, whether they scream 10 slogans or 10,000, whether they clean 1 street or 35 today. Their lot in life will improve when they stop praying 5 times a day, stop screaming and start working instead, building their economy, improving their education, creating working political institutions, fighting corruption... Not today but day after day, year after year, century after century.

#19     Feb 5, 2011
  10. American aid? Let us see! The US gives close to 2.0 Billion dollars a year in aid, out of which, listen to this, 1.3 Billion is in military aid. Now let us see why is this military aid is coming to the Egyptian regime? To use it against israel?

Also, you talked about the peace treaty, what did Israel get out of that deal and what did Egypt get?

The United States agreed to give Egypt more US tax money than any other nation, with the exception of Israel. Since 1979, Egypt has received an annual average of close to $2 billion from American taxpayers (most of whom have known nothing about this use of our money). The arrangement has allowed Mubarak to stay in power for decades despite periodic attempts by Egyptians to free themselves from his ruthless rule.

At the same time, the U.S., as broker of the peace treaty, gave Israel even greater rewards: guaranteeing Israel's oil supplies for the next fifteen years; assuring Israel of American support in the event of violations; committing to be 'responsive' to Israel's military and economic requirements; and promising a variety of major transfers of technology and aid, including $3 billion to relocate two Israeli air bases out of the Sinai, where, as journalist Donald Neff noted, they had no right to be in the first place.

In fact, the American financial arrangement with Israel, which had begun years before Egypt’s, has been far cozier than Egypt’s: Israel gets considerably more money from the US, even though its population is one-tenth of Egypt’s; there is little U.S. oversight of how it uses that money; and, unlike Egypt, which receives its allotment monthly, Israel receives its handout in a lump sum at the very beginning of the fiscal year (which means that Americans then pay interest for the rest of the year on money that the government has already given away, while Israel makes interest on it).

#20     Feb 5, 2011