The whole rally since march was a massive transfer of wealth

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jnorty, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Well said, but it's also worth noting that when one country acts alone it's called manipulation. When the whole damn world acts in concert, it's called a rescue--for the lack of a more imaginative term. This also applies to inflation as well. If one nation devalues it's currency, that's one thing. Should the whole damn world devalue at the same time, as I believe it will happen sooner than later, than the current notion of inflation will be a foregone conclusion.

#21     Dec 15, 2009
  2. Really? Did you see today's wholesale inflation number? Looked a chart of the USD lately?

#22     Dec 15, 2009
  3. the1

the1

Don't know what planet you live on but I was at Applebee's on a weekend at dinner time not long ago and there were something like 6 people there -- six! It was so empty you could hear an echo in the damn place.

#23     Dec 15, 2009
  4. Strangely enough I have been to Applebee's twice in the last month. Place was packed, had to wait for a table both times.

I think your Applebee's Indicator needs some fine tuning before we put it into full scale use..

#24     Dec 15, 2009
  5. Mav88

Mav88

Yeah, that market moving Applebees index has to crunched to be sure of anything. Sometimes you get nasty head fakes however when everyone goes out and orders water.

#25     Dec 15, 2009
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

It is all about where you live. I live in Brooklyn, and had it not been for media I would not even know about Great recession. Most of tri state area does not really feel it.

I know few people whose consulting income dropped from 250k+ to 130k+, few small business that were selling crap closed, but that is about it. Luxury car buying, vacations, restaurants and so on doing fine.

#26     Dec 15, 2009
  7. wmb

wmb

What bonuses have the banks received? I dont think one tarp player has completly paid back the money; maybe parts of it, maybe made a promise to pay but hasnt paid the total bill. Citi is all over the news for promising to pay back 20 million ,well they took 45 million the frickin dirty dogs! Aig, bof A, Gs, ms, Citi, those businesses are messed up for some time to come! OBama and his spin that everything is recovering is foolish. He tells us what he thinks we want to hear. The economic recovery was to keep us out of a depression but we are recovering from that depression! The tsunami of bankruptcies hasnt even begun. Check out your grocery prices and let me know if you think they are high, like really high! What will happen when the grocery store chains go bankrupt! Due to the unemployment numbers and the unemployment checks. Trading keeps you insulated from the real world but even that world is going to get slugged due to the taxes attached to trading. If your winning you better be winning big. hahah One reason why i dont mind losing!

#27     Dec 15, 2009
  8. You get burned only if you hold. I've been doing great just buying dips and selling after rips (with at most 10% of portfolio at risk at any one time, I'm still bearish). This sideways market lately has been awesome.

#28     Dec 15, 2009
  9. There is no fucking American Dream , this system is created to take your money , let me ask you folks? Where are the jobs?
    In China , this country makes nothing but arms , and main guy
    who trades it is Uncle Sam. Stock market is like mouse trap ,
    regular folk stand no chance to beat it , but it's still legal.

#29     Dec 15, 2009
  10. Well, I already have beat it, but I agree the larger system was created to milk the masses.

#30     Dec 15, 2009