The Welfare State

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by tradersboredom, May 12, 2009.

1. You <B>have a choice</B> when buying insurance. Nobody is forcing you to buy life insurance. You <B>don't have a choice</B> with Social Security unless you derive all of your income from sources with no FICA taxes.

#11     May 13, 2009
  2. The government NEVER stops and says, "hey, we gotta fix this" (other than raise taxes and continue along the same destructive ways, of course).

Such change comes ONLY after (1) implosion and destruction of the economy and currency, and (2) REVOLUTION... to throw the bums out and start over.

#12     May 13, 2009
  3. you dont have a choice about buying car insurance. you dont have a choice about buying home insurance if you have a loan.

#13     May 13, 2009
  4. You're comparing apples to oranges here. Auto insurance is required because there is a legitimate public interest. As you said, home insurance is only required if you have a loan. In that case, it becomes a matter of fulfilling a debt covenant rather than being a matter of choice.

#14     May 13, 2009
  5. social security insurance would also fall under legitimate public interest.

#15     May 13, 2009
  6. You know that Social Security, as an "insurance program" would never work.

1. Money for claims would have to be RESERVED

2. Congress could not be trusted to keep their grimy, grubbing, greedy, thieving paws off of those reserves... which they have already demonstrated... in spite of original PROMISES in the present SS system to the contrary.

#16     May 13, 2009
  7. Social Security insurance is hardly a case of public interest. There is no auto insurance policy in the world that tells you "too bad, you don't qualify under our means testing program even though you have paid premiums over the years."

#17     May 13, 2009
  8. sure they do. your "means test "is your loss above your deducatable. if you have 2000 deducatble policy and you sustain a loss of 1500 the insurance company will say sorry you dont qualify for payment even though you have paid premiums.

#18     May 13, 2009
  9. I've been warning people about bad things are, as I talk to many people who see things on an hourly basis many people don't, and are in the center of the economic nexus, and they all tell me that basically things are WAY WORSE than the even what's considered 'honest reports' suggest.

The kicker is that you haven't seen ANYTHING yet.

#19     May 13, 2009
  10. My grandmothers one 94 the other 100. Both are not sick in hospitals, both healthy.

They should die because you say so.

WhoTF are you?!

#20     May 13, 2009