The weenies are coming!!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by tiddlywinks, Mar 11, 2019.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

Anyone crying over commish cost doesn't have a big enough bankroll to trade with. Even if they are just learning their way.

Of course more likely it is the ones who are looking to scalp :rolleyes: ... who in the end are going to get scalped by slippage and poor entries/exits.

#21     Apr 5, 2019
  2. maxinger

maxinger

The volume will most likely be low.

Look at Last Fri volume for other weenies :

Hangseng index futures - 26K
    Hangseng mini index futures - 16K

Dax - 82K
    mini dax - 33K

Nikkei 225 sgx - 16k
    mini Nikkei 225 sgx - about zero

there are many big boys who don't trade weenies.

#22     Apr 6, 2019
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

Initially same was said about original eMini S&P. I know I traded back then.

The big boys will be arb it almost certainly.

#23     Apr 6, 2019
  4. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Folks that want to trade the micros should look at today's RTH morning "action".
    Lucky to see a $20 (micro-contract) range. MYM is "better" however. Micros would basically be dead money, or death by 1000 commish+fees cuts. And now it's lunch time.

Summertime = S'mores with no chocolate, grahams, or marshmallows. Sticks only!

#24     Apr 9, 2019
  5. Seaweed

Seaweed

On the flip side, imagine how many people are trading this hoping for a breakout only to be wrong several times. So if you're down $200 with a mini contract, imagine how nice it would be to be down only $20 with a micro (plus maybe a bit more with commissions)

$50 per point for ES or $20 per point for NQ sure sounds good, but only if you're trading it in the right direction. Since most people lose, this means they will lose less. Many traders probably run out of money till they get it right. The micros will keep them in the game longer, if they haven't used up all their mental and emotional energy that is.

#25     Apr 9, 2019
  6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

While I believe at least 2 of the micros will be a success, I also believe they will cannibalize less than 10% of the parental mini contract. Like you said... keeps the people who should not be trading futures, in the game longer: like a respirator. Overall, I think 1/10 size (of the mini) is a bad move for the CME, and 1256 contracts et al in the longer term.

#26     Apr 9, 2019
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

So a $200 RTH range in the "big" mini is fantastic? Cherry-pick much.

#27     Apr 10, 2019
  8. mbondy

mbondy

This will be an extremely useful instrument for some. I can use this to scale into long-term speculative positions and potentially to hedge all my equity positions as well should the market begin to swoon and that, without having it monopolize all of my margin.

Can't wait!

#28     Apr 10, 2019
    Overnight likes this.
  9. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

Could be better than triple inverse etfs?

#29     Apr 10, 2019
  10. Overnight

Overnight

What seems to be the problem in your eyes?

GCvMGC2019.JPG

I see no problem on this end regarding "range" and whatever.

#30     Apr 10, 2019