The weenies are coming!!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by tiddlywinks, Mar 11, 2019.

1. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

2. expiated

expiated

Thanks for the heads up!

tommcginnis likes this.
  3. Seaweed

Seaweed

Important question though is what will the commissions be. At least in ES, when you make a tick, you also make about $8 for yourself. With NQ, if you make a tick, you get about $1, but at least you covered commissions. With 1/10 the value, you will now need to make a few ticks just to break even if the commissions will stay around $4 roundtrip per contract.

tommcginnis, comagnum and shatteredx like this.
  4. I need all you guys to trade these, liquidity baby! Or actually the options. Trade. The. Options! :rolleyes:

5. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

If history is a guideline, and I am referring to the micro currency and ag contracts, the commissions/fees will be less than the larger contracts. But as you correctly point out, the net breakeven for the micros is more than 1 tick. I'm guessing the .50 cent tic for naz, dow, and russ will require 5 or 6 tics to NET BE. Just a guess tho.

These micro-minis are aimed squarely at retail. Good for business, but really, only specific types of participants and trade styles.

Jack W likes this.
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

What's the excuse going to be now for the perennial emini demo ("on top of the world") traders?

ElectricSavant and Jack W like this.
  7. Jack W

Jack W

Most of the micro's I see these days have such tiny volume. It'd be great if these actually get some traction from the get go.

PS, thanks OP for the heads up. Glad i joined Elite, lots of good info and folks here. I appreciate all of you.

8. Overnight

Overnight

*Seethes*

*hiss* Why does volume matter?!? You'll get your fill if you put your order in! Don't try to trade 100 contracts on a micro, mmkay? Just trade a couple, you will get your fills. *starts beating up an inflatable clown, to relieve the stress*

9. Jack W

Jack W

LOL

10. volpri

volpri

ROFL.....whats weather like in Fl?

#10     Mar 12, 2019